33. Not your teacher

I woke up middle of the night. I rubbed my eyes, looking at the clock to see if it was morning already. It was a little past 3AM. I sighed, facing the ceiling and tried to find Chester but there was only a empty, cold spot. He had been up more than just 30 minutes. I called for him, but got no answer. I ran my hand over my head and got up. I pulled up my pants on and exited the bedroom. I looked around in the dark apartment and saw a small light coming from the bathroom.

I knocked the door, asking "Is it okay if I come in?"

There was a long pause before he answered "Yeah. Sure"

I opened the door. Chester was leaning against the sink, looking down, his forehead covered with sweat drops.

"Are you.... You okay, Chaz?" I asked.

"Yeah" he muttered "I'm fine" he looked at me, his eyes were a bit reddish. He scratched the back of his neck and sighed, "I'm okay"

"You don't look so 'okay'" I said, walking closer to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. I watched Chester's eyes through the mirror. "What's wrong?"

"I don't even know. Everything is fucked" he said.

"Not everything" I whispered in his ear.

"Then why do I feel like total shit?" he grunted.

I gave him small rub on his hips. "Were you... ever depressed?"

"Stupid question, you know I was. What's your point?"

"Maybe it still is in your head" I said softly, "I'm not saying you are depressed but it is a possibility. Maybe you should go see a therapist"

"Mike" he sighed. "I don't need a therapist. I'm fine, it's just a bad night, okay? All this stuff about Jared and his girl and all that shit"

"Chester, you should think about it. When you can't get your shit together anymore, you're gonna get hurt every way possible. I don't want that happen" I said, still hugging him. "We all are gonna miss Jay"

Chester gave a small smile. "I guess I can think about it. I'm not promising"

"Okay" I smiled. "Come back to bed now?"

He chuckled quietly, nodding. We walked back to our bed and I wrapped my hands around Chester, enjoying the spooning position.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Chester poured the coffee on my coffee cup, asking "When are you going to work again?"

"Why do you care? You don't go school either" I muttered, having a bite from the meal Chester made.

"Hey! I've been in school for 3 days, you haven't" he said and sat down.

"Why are you asking? Stupid art teacher?" I smirked.

"Yes! You need to come back, that guy is making me insane" he muttered.

"I'm not a teacher anymore" I muttered.

"You got fired?"

"If I don't show up tomorrow, I am. Kentucci called earlier"

"What are you gonna do?" Chester asked.

"I'm not gonna go"

"What? But art is your life. You love it, you love teaching it!"

"I haven't picked a brush in 3 months, Chester. I don't have the same passion anymore" I said.

"What are you gonna do?"