29. Challenge

A/N: I am so sorry I haven't published anything in like, forever. It has been over a month, I know. But if you noticed a message on my profile, you knew this would end up like this. BUT let's not think about all the negative.  The good news is, I have another chapter for you guys! And it will be weekly update (just like before), at least with this story. About Happy pill, I don't know yet. But I will continue that too! Anyway, I really hope you guys, my lovey readers, are still here reading and commenting my stories. I love you. Please enjoy this chapter even tho it is really violent.

___________________________

< warning: harsh violent content >

I've never been so scared in my life. I breathed deeper, eyes closed. When nothing happened and I knew I was still alive. My heart was beating six times faster, it felt like it was going jump out of my throat. I gasped and opened my eyes.

The revolver never shot the bullet.

I snapped the gun out of Andrew's hand, pointing him. Confusion, fear and madness filled his eyes. With shaky hands I opened the bullet hatch, seeing there actually was two bullets. I took them out.

"You think you gonna kill me just like that?" I shouted at him.

"I'm going to do it anyway" he muttered.

"I say we have a fistfight. The winner can stay in Woodstreet without any fears, the loser can fuck off, he will never be able to come back" I challenged him.

Andrew smirked. "Start packing already. Basement in five. You know the rules" he said, punching my shoulder as he left.

I ran my hand through my body, throwing the gun away. "Please tell me I just didn't challenge Andrew Douglas"

"Are you insane?! You are going to die!" Chester sobbed.

I grabbed his arms, saying "I'll be fine. I'm old school fighter"

"He's a psycho, he's going to kill you" a tear dropped on his cheek.

"Chaz, shh.. I'll be fine" I muttered, kissing him.

"Please, don't do this" he said with tearful eyes.

"I have to" I sighed, pulling my shirt off, walking to the basement.

I was going to die.

The whole basement silenced as I stepped in. I saw the circle on the floor, stepping inside.

Drew was going to be the host of our fight. He said in shocked voice "Mike? Are you fucking insane or just stupid?"

"Little bit both" I muttered to him.

"I am not going to like this fight but... The rules are; no shirts, no rings, no fishhooks, no kicks in the nuts, no choking, no poking in the eye, no forcing. Are you both willing to have this fight?"

"Absolutely" Andrew said. I've never seen him without shirt, but I started getting worried when I saw how muscular he was.

"Fuck yes" I said rubbing my palms. I took my last deep breath before starting to walk in circle with Andrew.

"You are going down" Andrew spat. "I, I am going to kill you"

"We'll see" I muttered.

Andrew spitted on the ground before swinging his fist toward me. I dodged it easily, giving him a punch on his jawline. He seemed not to care, he elbowed me on the corner of my eye. I felt another punch coming on my face.

"You fighting dirty? I can do that too" I spatted at him, giving him a hard kick to his knee.

He grunted loudly, punching me once again. I knew this was going to hurt. I looked around the club, seeing tens of people. And then were was Chester. Very petrified Chester. Another punch came across my face.

"Focus on!" I heard Chester scream.

I felt blood coming out of my nose, but I couldn't care any less. I swinged back my fist. I grabbed his hair, hitting him on my knee. He fell down on his back, and I kicked his side.

"You're a fucking pussy, Andrew! Get up!" I shouted at him.

He gave me an angry look. He got up, shouting back "You're dead!"

Punches blended together. I wasn't sure anymore why I was doing this. Fighting with an old friend. But I don't think it mattered. Blood, pain, staying alive was my all thoughts. Andrew's eyes were full of anger, and vengeance. My knuckles were bleeding badly, in pain. Every second I went though in this crazy ass situation felt like an another year. Dizziness, this ache through my body was something I had never felt before. Mostly I was scared that I will die. Not just lose this fight, but seriously die.

"Left ankle, Mike! Left ankle!" I heard Chester scream. "Hard as you can!"

I did what I was told, kicking Andrew in his left ankle, which turned out to be his sweet spot. He was getting unstable, suffering in pain when I had another kick in the ankle, and punch in his stomach.

Andrew fell down in the ground, which felt like million hours, it felt like slow motion movie. The last kick into his side, and he stuttered "Stop"

"What was that?" I asked.

"Stop. Now" he said.

I chuckled, knowing I had beated him down, and winning my place to sleep here. People cheered for me, but I actually didn't care about that. I was happy I could stay living in Woodstreet, but most of all, I stayed alive.

Also, I was badly injured and tired, I just fell down on the ground, catching my breath.

Drew and Chaz picked me up. The harsh, slicing pain on my chest and side was only getting worse. Blood drops were dripping down from my face, until they hit the ground. I saw Chester, still dropping his tears down, his tearful eyes, watching me. I grabbed him for a hug.

"Don't worry Chaz, he's not coming back, I promise" I muttered.

"You're fucking insane" he said.

"Yeah, I know" I muttered.

I saw Mack rush through the people, and asked "Shit, Mike. How bad is it?"

"Uhh, bad. Like, bad bad" I said.

Mack had a look on my side. "Oh shit, it gotta be broken, it wouldn't be bruising that bad otherwise"

"How the fuck would you know?" I asked.

"Fuck you I know shit" he said, continuing "Can you walk?"

"Yeah, I hope"

"Good let's get you to your apartment" he said.

We walked to the second floor, which took much longer than I thought it would, since my ribs might be broken. We walked to the bathroom and I sat on the toilet seat. Chester threw a bag of ice for me.

"You're an idiot, you know" he said, half crying and half laughing.

"I may be but i'm your idiot" I chuckled.

"All right, very cute" Mack muttered, "Mike, raise your arm"

I obeyed and felt Mack's hand pressing against the ribs. "So is it broken?" I whined in pain.

"No it's not. It's just... Few hair fractures"

"In english please" I said.

"It's not broken, but it is only half broken. It's not that bad, it heals easier, and it actually won't affect your life if you keep eating pain killers" Mack said.

"Thank god" Chester muttered and left the bathroom.