34. We're good

I lost my job. I lost my house. I lost my motivation on my favorite hobbies. I lost my friends.

I got a new job. I got a new home. I've never been so motivated on something. I have the best people as my friends.

Woodstreet.

Wasn't that bad choice. First I thought it was a bad choice but I was wrong. Maybe it ain't the best, but it's something. It's been few weeks since I lost my job as a teacher, but that's okay. Woodstreet isn't quiet anymore. There's always people around. As I was cleaning the bar counter with a washcloth, I saw Jaxon walk through the people.

"Hey Mike" he said, leaning against the desk.

I ignored his greeting. "What can I get you?" I asked, throwing the washcloth on my shoulder.

"So you won't even say 'hi' to me?" he asked.

"Nope" I smiled, to piss him off.

"I know we started with a wrong foot. You seem like a decent man"

"Should I now say thank you and say something good 'bout you?"

"No. I'm not expecting that. I wish you didn't hate me" he said.

"Why is that?" I chuckled.

"Because I'm gonna be around. Life is too short for hate" he said, leaving the desk.

"Wait up" I said, before he was too far. He walked back. "I don't even know your full name or who the heck are you. You didn't do a good first impression"

"You got me there" he sighed. "John Jaxon, is the name. Mechanic, from Anaheim. Not a bad guy" he said and left the desk for good.

I nodded, and heard someone whistle. There was a guy hoping for beer. I grabbed one from the ice and handed it to him. He paid and left. This is my job now.

************************************

I rested my feet on the coffee table laying lazily on the couch. It was friday night and the brothers wanted to hang out with me and Chester.

"Where you've been all day?" I asked from Chester as he stepped into the apartment.

"Drew picked me up from the therapy and we visited few cities. We got lot of beer now!" he sang the last sentence.

I smiled at him. "How was your therapy?"

"Fine" he shrugged and sat down next to me. "We just talked about things, no big deal"

"Mike, who is running the bar?" he asked.

"Jaxon" I said, hearing the brothers also enter the place.

"We have pizza!" Mack cheered. He kicked my feet away from the table and placed the pizza down. Drew handed us all a beer and he sat on the comfy chair, Mack said next to Chester on the couch. He opened the TV and we decided to start watching a movie.

Life here is not that bad, not at all. I love living here. And living with Chester makes it more lovable. I thought our whole relationship was going to always be a mess, but it's okay to be wrong sometimes. I've learnt a lot. It's okay to cry, to feel bad, to fall down. There are no words to describe my love for Chester. He has been clean for weeks. Mack and Drew still get along under the same roof. Jaxon is trying to build a friendship with us all.

Next day, also known as Saturday, I went to see my old house. I stood front of the ruins, whatever was left from the fire. It was all black burned wood. I smelled the sulfur and kerosene, small doses of ash flying in the air. I walked to the yard. There was only one wall still up, every other had crashed down.