24. Skipping work

A/N: Here is the new chapter! Also remember to go read the new chapter of Happy pill, would make me happy :) Thank you! xoxo
___________________________

In these last few days, I haven't even stopped by st. Johnie's high school. I haven't been at work. I didn't get permission, but I wouldn't give a shit if they fired me. I've been too busy with Woodstreet's club, and with Chester. His pain is not that bad anymore, he doesn't need morphine that much. I've been taking care of that nobody is fucking around in the basement. I know I said that I didn't want to be part of this, but I feel like I have to be. Andrew and Sean are gone by now and if I wasn't here, there would be only 4 runners.

"Mike! Come here!" Chester yelled from bathroom.

I like to see he is on his feet again. He can walk around, but I won't let him leave his apartment. I went to the bathroom, seeing that Chester was cleaning his wound again.

"I think it's infected" he muttered, in a worried voice.

It was yellow, reddish, swollen and it was festering. "I'm not a doctor"

"What if it is infected?"

"No, it can't be. You have cleaned it like three times a day... I'll text Mack if he could do something" I muttered, giving Mack a text to come.

"Thank you for taking care of me" Chester said.

I smiled. "It's my job, baby" I said and kissed his cheek.

"Aw, that was the cutest thing i've ever seen" Mack said smirking, standing on the door.

"You were fast" I said surprised.

"I was in the next door. What's up?" he asked.

"Is my wound infected?" Chester asked, worried.

Mack looked his stomach, saying "No. We need to get the stitches out"

"It's been only four days" I said.

"There's no choice! It's gonna be infected if I don't remove them. We can put some tape on it, so it won't bleed again" he said, taking small scissors.

"Wo wo wo! You're just going to cut them?!" Chester panicked.

Mack nodded.

"This is the worst day of my life" Chester muttered.

"It's not going to hurt" Mack muttered. "Mike, go get the red tape from my bag"

I obeyed him, and Mack started to remove the stitches. He taped every point which had a stitch, so it would not open up again.

"Dude, where did you learn this shit?" I asked.

"I got into a medical school. But, I never got a job. I never tried to get one. I chose my brother over good paid job. We've always sticked together, and now we are living together in a shithole" he sighed. "Change the tape after every shower you take. And, keep cleaning it for at least, like 2 weeks" Mack said.

"So long?" Chester whined, sitting on the toilet cover.

"It was a deep wound, it needs time and for the good thing, you don't have to go to school yet" Mack chuckled, leaving us.

"This sucks" he muttered, walking off from the bathroom.

"You got me around, don't worry" I said, following him.

"No. You need to go work" he said.

"Chester, I told-"

"Go to work tomorrow" Chester cut me off.

I sighed. "You'll be fine?"

"Of course I will. You need to get your ass back to work" he said.

"Tomorrow's Friday. What's the point?" I muttered.

"Mike! You're a teacher, not a student!" Chester laughed.

"I know I know. I'm just not comfortable you being here alone" I muttered.

Chester wrapped his hands around me. "I'm fine here. I got Mack, Drew and Jared. You don't have to worry"

I sighed again. He gave a long kiss on my neck, before saying "You go to work tomorrow. No more skipping work"

> Next day; Friday <

"Shinoda, where you've been?"

I hear McRay ask me. I freeze, slowly turning to face her. What do I say? Taking care of my boyfriend who happens to be my student who was stabbed by his ex? Maybe not.

"Uhmm, uh" I stutter, and she raises her eyebrows.

"On business, with other art teachers" I make up, "It was sort of meeting of new teaching technics" I said, but now after I said it, it made me think does that kind of thing even exist?

"Why I wasn't knowing?" she frowned.

"Because... You're not an art teacher" I said, in a questioning voice.

She nods understanding, "yeah, you're right"

I also nod awkwardly, walking away to my class room. "That was close" I mutter to myself.

"What was close?" Jeff asks, on his seat. The whole class was staring at me.

"How'd you get in?" I asked confused.

"Door was open" he said.

"Oh. It was close that I was... Late" I say, still feeling a bit awkward.

"You are late" he laughs.

"Let's act I wasn't" I chuckled, sitting down. "Did you start new project?"

Everyone nodded.

"Continue it" I said, biting my thumbnail.

"Why is Chester always gone?" I hear Jeff ask from Oliver.

"I dunno" Oliver shruggs.

I watch away, and see a empty seat. Chester's seat. I sigh and already start to miss him.

"Shinoda, can I ask you a question?" Oliver asks me.

"Of course" I nod.

"Are you and Bennington a thing?" he smirks.

"W-w-why would y-you think that?" I stuttered.

"Because he's always harsh and mean in classes, expect yours" he told me.

I could hear my heart beating faster. "No. No, we're not a thing. We... We uh, I mean, he's my student. It would be unacceptable" I say, hating to say it.

"Then why is he always nice to you?" he asks confused look on his face.

"Because I am nice to him. You should try sometime, be nice to other people. They might be nice back" I say.

"Why-"

"Stop talking" I cut him off. "Continue your work"

He nods slightly.

Fuck. Is it that obvious?