25. Ignorance

A/N: Hey readers! It's 24th of December, meaning it's Christmas Eve! You don't have any kind of xmas special for you, because I kind of do not care about the Christmas. Anyway, happy holidays!

_______________________________

"What are you trying to tell me?" Chester asked, folding his arms. He didn't look happy.

I sighed. "We need to stop seeing each other in school"

"Why?" he sounded confused.

"Because my students have started to figure us out! Oliver literally asked me if we were a thing" I said annoyed.

"Please tell me you denied it" he muttered, scratching his eyebrow.

"Of course I did" I sighed. "You can't be nice to me anymore"

"Mike, I don't wanna be harsh to you!"

"I know you don't but you have to be" I told him, leaning on the kitchen drawer.

"So, you want me to be harsh and asshole in your class?" he asked.

"Yes. And you have to spend your lunch break somewhere else" I sighed.

"Where?" he asked.

"Uhm, cafeteria? Ever heard of that?" I asked, sounding a bit sarcastic.

Chester snorted loudly. "In your dreams"

"What? Is it that bad?" I asked, sounding a bit worried.

He looked away. "Yeah... I know they'd beat the shit out of me"

"Chaz, you're the best fighter I know! You can fight them back"

"I don't fight outside of the club" he said.

"I saw you beating Jeff and Oliver one day" I said.

"They were talking shit about my dead brother!" Chester growled angrily. He was ready to snap the empty bottle off the table, but I was faster and grabbed it before Chester could. I sighed and put it in the sink. I saw him clenching his fist and breathing deep.

"Chester, i'm sorry" I said, grabbing his waist. He landed his head on my shoulder. "I don't wanna fight with you again"

He sniffed and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Neither do I"

"We will be okay" I muttered.

Chester pulled away. "How can you be so sure? If people finds out, you will be sent straight to prison"

I sighed, again. "I know. I could start teaching in other school-"

"No" Chester cut me off. "I don't want cause any more trouble to you"

"It wouldn't be a trouble"

"It would" Chester said in a stubborn voice.

"What we do?" I ask, softly massaging Chester's shoulder.

"I guess I start ignoring you in classes. Ignorance is harsh behaviour" he said.

I nodded.

"Is there something wrong with me?" Chester asks, suddenly.

I frown and turn him to face me. "What are you talking about?"

He looked at the floor. "I don't have friends, never had. Shitty mom, drunk dad, dead brother, drugs, abusive ex who tries to kill me... My whole life is fucking bullshit! Why? What did I do to get a life like this?" he splurt out.