Chapter 2

" Hello? Tori! "

" Yes. Who is this? "

" Sam's aunt. You need to come to the hospital right away. There's been an accident. "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" WHAT KIND OF ACCIDENT? IS SAM OKAY?!?!!? "

" Just come. Bye. "

She hung up. I raced to my car as fast as I could and sped all the way to the hospital. I was really surprized no one ticketed me. When I got inside I saw Sam's mom hunched over in a chair sobbing with her sister at her side rubbing her back. Tears started forming in my eyes.

" What happened? "

She looked up at me with a tear stained face and told me to sit.

" Tori, honney. Kian was driving down the highway and an 18 wheeler hit him. The driver was drunk and he said he didn't know what he was doing. "

" Kian?! Was Sam with him? Is he okay? "

" No. He dropped Sam off because he was getting flowers to surprize you with. Kian is in ICU, they don't think- "

She began crying loudly and slummped back into her chair. Sam's aunt continued,

" They don't think he will make it through the night. No one can reach his mom. "

Tears began streaming down my face and through sobs I choked out, " Where is Sam? "

" In Kian's room. They have him stabilized so people can come in but Sam wanted to be alone with him. "

" I have to go and help him. "

" It's room 177 "

I walked down the white hallway all the way to the end. When I came to the door I stoped. Come on Tori, you have to go in there. Sam needs you. I slowly turned the knob.

More tears. Kian didn't even look like himself anymore. His face down to his stomache were covered in blood. Sam had his face in Kian's chest bawling. He looked up when I came in the room and the tears came down harder. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him. He collapsed into me and began to cry even louder than before. I could barley stand to see him like this.

" He can't die, Tori. He can't die. "

" He won't. "

" How do you know? "

" I just know. Okay? "

He put his face in the crook of my sholder and we stood like this for what felt like an hour.

" Maybe if we talk to him. I've heard that works. "

" Okay, if it will help. "

We sat down on either side of the bed.

" You go first "

" What do I say? "

" Tell him about your favorite memory with him. "

" Well, there is a lot but in general, youtube. I love it so much and being able to do it with my best friend in the whole world makes it 20 times better. "

Sam sat there telling stories about Kian and all there wild experiances for almost 4 hours. It was now 2 am.

" Sam, go get us some food please. I'm so hungry "

" Okay, I won't be long. "

Sam left and I was alone with Kian. The humming and beeping of all the tubes he was hooked up to multiplied. The doctors only gave him until about 3 am to live. I only have an hour with him.

" Hey Kian. You might not be able to hear me but I just want you to know how I feel about you. I love you. Not like I love Sam. Its different. When you kissed me that night I didn't pull away because I didn't want to, not because I was in shock. Kian, you mean the world to me and even more to Sam. You can't die on us. You can't. "

Tears began to stream down my face again. I kissed Kian on the forehead and layed my head down on his chest.

" I love you Kian. I love you. Please wake up. Please wake up. I love you.... "

" I love you too. ", a voice said very weakly.

I jerked my head up and looked at Kian. His eyes were just barely opened and a small smile was spread across his face. I threw my arms around him in excitement and heard a groan escape his mouth.

" I'm sorry! Did I hurt you? "

" No, it's okay. Where is Sam? "

" He went to go get food! Kian I can't belive your alive. The doctors said you wouldn't make it through the night. "

I wrapped my arms around him again and began to cry. He lifted my head from his chest and wipped the tears away with his thumbs.

" No need to cry. I'm no leaving anytime soon. "

Just then Sam walked in and seeing Kian awake dropped all our food and ran to him. He jumped into the bed and practically fell on Kian.

" YOU'RE AWAKE? "

" Yeah man, but I'm still pretty beat up, will you get off of me. "

" Oh, sorry! I just was so excited. I though you were gonna die. "

" Not me. I'm to tough for that stuff. "

" I know. "