Chapter 24 (PART TWO)

" Okay, I forgive you. "

" Really? ", he said with a wide smile spread across his face.

" Yeah, just one question though "

" Anything baby "

" Who are you? "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He let go of my hand and stood up.

" What? ", he said seeming very hurt.

" I'm sorry. Am I supposed to know you? "

He backed up slowly into the chair against the wall and slumped down into it. I watched him, waiting for an answer to my question. He was mumbling something that I couldn't understand.

" Hey, are you okay? "

He looked up at me and I didn't realize until now that he was crying.

" Am I okay? "

I nodded, feeling sympathetic. He obviously is hurt by my not remembering him.

" No. No I am not okay. "

" Why? "

He stood up, put his hand in his pocket, pulled out a tiny black box, and threw it at me. I caught it but kept eye contact with him.

" Because, " he said while opening the door, " the only person I've ever loved, doesn't remember who I am. "

He left. I was alone, and very confused. I had no idea who he was talking about, but the guy obviously had some serious problems.

About a minute later a very tall man in white lab coat walked into the room.

" Good afternoon Ms Court "

" That's me right? "

The doctor looked at me and lowered his glases.

" You mean to tell me you have no idea who you are? Or what happened to you? "

" No. Not at all. What's my name? "

" Tori Court "

" Okay, and how old am I? "

" 20 years old ma'am "

" Oh, okay "

I watched as he scribbled some things down on his clipboard.

" Tori, I believe you have a mild case of amnesia due to the shock of what happened to you "

" What exactly did happen to me? "

" Well, we can't just tell you all at once as it might be very tramatic. But we will be bringing in old things of yours, friends, family, old photos, to see if it might jog your memory "

" And you think it will work? "

" It almost always does, if you can find the triger item "

" Triger item? "

" Yes. It's a specific item that will bring back your memory almost instantly "

" Oh, I see "

" I think that is quite enough visiting for today. We will see you tomorrow prepared to get that memory back "

The doctor and his nurse left my room, leaving me alone.

I didn't realise until now that the little box was still in my hands. I carefully opened it to reveal a diamond ring nuzzled in felt. When I removed it I saw an inscription on the inside.

I would say I love you forever, but forever isn't long enough.

I flipped the box over where it read:

" I pinky promise I'll be here forever.  

- Jc "

I read the words over and over again. Everything sounded so familiar. The pinky promise, the name. Why can't I remember.

Promise you'll never hurt me?

Pinky promise.

Suddenly it all came back to me. Who I was. Who Jc was. Everything that happened. It wasn't his fault. He needs to know I don't blame him. He needs to know I remember. 

" JC! JC! JC! JC! JC! "

A nurse came running in.

" What? What is it? What do you need? ", she said very alarmed.

" I need Jc. Get me Jc. "

A rush of panic and sadness ran over her face. She didn't speak.

" What? What? What's wrong? "

" I'm afraid I have some bad news "

I didn't respond.

" Jc thought you didn't remember him so he um--

" He what? HE WHAT? "

" He tried to kill himself. He's in ICU right now. I'm so sorry "

I jumped out of my bed and yanked the IV out of my arm. It began to bleed so I pressed down hard and started to run out the door. I ran to the ICU unit. There were footsteps following behind me but all I could think about was Jc. I found him. He was on the operating table. I couldn't really see what they were doing. There were so many people and so many tubes. Suddenly I heard a rapid beeping coming from the machine. I stood on my tiptoes and peered through the window. The beeping got faster and faster until.....it turned into one long beep and his heart rate went flat.

I fell to the floor and began to cry. My whole arm was covered in blood and my head was throbbing. I was suddenly surrounded by nurses and I tried to push them away but I was just too weak. A tall one suck a needle in my arm and I immediately blacked out.

I absolutely love reading the comments you guys write! They make my day and some of you are so hilarious! Thank you guys for all the support and for the 100 followers! It means so much! I love you all :)