Chapter 9

After what felt like forever my doctor finally came back in.

" Okay Mrs. Court your friends are here. They are going to come in separately and will only have 15 minutes. We don't want to overwhelm you okay? "

I nodded my head as he walked out the door. Shortly after it swung open again and Elaisha stumbled through.

" Tori! You have no idea how much I've missed you! They just kept telling me you wouldn't wake up but I didn't believe them. I couldn't. Your my best friend! "

" Lets not talk about anything sad. "

" Okay. What do you want to talk about then? "

" Well, how have you been? What have I missed in these 6 months? "

" I'm good. Kian and I broke up. "

" Oh Elaisha. I'm so sorry. I feel so bad I couldn't be here for you. "

" Oh no, no its okay. Sam helped me through it. "

" Sam? "

" Yeah. He's a really good listener. He was a big help. "

" Umm, okay. Anything else? "

" Sam and Jc are friends again. They kind of had to make up since we all saw each other so often. "

" Oh, that's good! I can't wait to get out of here. I hate hospitals. "

" When do you think you'll get out? "

" It'll probably be another week or so. "

" Oh ", she said with a strange look on her face.

" Oh? "

Her look then changed from something weird to absolute panic and she didn't reply.

" Elaisha, what's going on? "

" Umm nothing! Nothing, I just want to hand out with you is all."

I wasn't buying it but her time was up so I couldn't interrogate her any further.

It was about 5 minutes before the door sung open again.

" Hi "

" Sam. ", I said as a huge smile spread across my face.

" How are you feeling. "

He took a seat next to my bed.

" I'm alright. How have you been? "

" Good. I'm good. I've missed you though. "

" So you aren't mad at me still? "

" Mad? What? No. Tori I was afraid you were going to die because of me. How could I be mad at you? "

" Because of you? "

" You don't remember what happened? "

" No, not really. "

" Well after I left the beach you came to my house and tried to talk to me but I wouldn't let you in. You kept trying to apologize but I just ignored you. You took a whole bottle of sleeping pills and then somehow made it to Elaisha's and she called an ambulance. They thought they could pump your stomach and everything would be okay but your liver failed. They went into immediate surgery and saved it but not without putting you into a coma for 6 months. "

" Oh "

" You really scared me Tori. I thought you were gonna die. ", he said as he put his hand on my cheek.

" Sam, kiss me. "

He leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead.

" That's not what I meant. "

" The doctor said not to much excitement. "

Just then the door opened.

" Times up Sam. "

" Okay. "

He placed another kiss on my forehead and then left.

Jc was next. I wasn't particularly excited to see him. I didn't really want to see him at all actually. Then his voice snapped me back to reality.

" I missed those beautiful eyes of yours. "

I didn't reply but he came and sat next to my bed anyway.

" How are you feeling. "

" Fine. "

" That's good. You gave us quite a scare. But I knew you would pull through. You're a strong girl. And so beautiful. "

" Oh shut up. Jc did I not make myself clear at Sam's house. I don't want to be with you anymore. "

" Yes, you made your self very clear when you kissed me. That was you not me remember. "

Tears began to stream down my face, " That- that was a mistake. "

" Was it? "

He pressed his lips against my neck. Then my chin. Then my cheek.

" Jc! Stop! Stop right now! "

" Tori just admit it! You still have feelings for me! "

" No. No I don't. "

He got up and headed for the door.

" Whatever. Give me a call when you're ready to admit the truth. "

" Don't be expecting a call from me then. "

He stopped in his tracks but didn't turn around he just stood back to me for about 30 seconds then he left. And I began to cry harder. Until finally I just cried myself to sleep.

I had to stay in the hospital for another week. The second day the doctor let Sam and Elaisha come in together. They visited me everyday. Jc didn't ever come again after that night. Finally Friday Sam got to drive me home. It had never felt so good to sleep in my bed. The next morning I got a call from Elaisha, waking me up.

" Hello? "

" Did I wake you? "

" Yeah, but its okay. What' up? "

" Are you busy today? "

" I was just in a coma for 6 months. Not really. "

" Okay will you come over? "

" Yeah sure! Just give me time to get ready. "

" Alright, but hurry. "

" Why? "

" Well,  umm Sam and I need to uhh talk to you...."

" About? "

" Just come over. "

" Okay but I d-

She hung up.