Chapter 8

Sam and I were sitting on the beach together. We got Taco Bell and went to the beach to spend the day this morning. I didn't have the guts to tell him I kissed Jc but its all I could think about. I barely slept last night. And every time Sam did something sweet it made me want to hide away in my room and cry my eyes out. I couldn't believe that I would do something so stupid. It's just that seeing Jc brought back all these old feelings that I'm not even sure I have anymore and I was so confused and it just happened. Jc called me this morning but I didn't answer. I find ignoring my problems is a lot easier than dealing with them.

" What are you thinking about? "

" Huh? Oh nothing. "

" You can't be thinking about nothing. You're always thinking about something. "

" Yeah. I know. "

" Then tell me. "

There was a very long pause. I knew Sam was looking at me but I was staring intensely into the sand beneath my feet. I didn't want to tell him. I wasn't sure if I could handle seeing him hurt. Even worse knowing that I was the cause.

" Sam, I need to tell you something. I don't want to but I really need too. "

" Okay...what is it? "

" I um I kissed Jc. He didn't kiss me. I kissed him. I don't know what I was thinking. I just was really emotional and its my fault. I have no excuses. I'm so sorry. "

Sam said nothing. He gave me no hints of his feelings on his face. Nothing. He just simply got up from the blanket and walked away. Away from the beach, away  from me, away from everything.

Elaisha's POV

*Knock Knock*

 I wonder who that is. I opened the door to find Tori. Standing on my porch Bawling her eyes out. Babbling something about Sam and Jc.

" Tori, Tori. Calm down. I can't understand anything you're saying. "

I walked her over to the couch and went into the kitchen to get her some water.

" Here. Drink this. "

She took the water and gulped it down, spilling half of it on her shirt. Once she stopped sobbing I made her drink more water.

" Okay, honey. Now tell me, what's the matter. "

" Jc came to my house and I kissed him and I told Sam and he won't talk to me and I took a lot of sleeping pills and I tried to throw up but it didn't work and I don't feel very good and I just want the pain to stop, Elaisha please make it stop. Make it-

Her words stopped dead. I checked her pulse. Slow but there. Don't panic Elaisha don't panic. I called 911.

" Don't you give up on me Tori. You stay awake. "

" No. I think I'll just take a little nap "

Her words were slurred. I put a cold rag on her forehead.

" Tori. You have to stay awake. For me. For Sam. For your family. Even for Jc. You can't go to sleep. Stay awake. Please stay awake. "