Chapter 19

He didn't answer. He only cried into my shoulder. I rubbed his back and held him until he finally calmed down.

" Jc, what happened? "

" I have to move back to Texas. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I let go of my hold on Jc and leaned back.

" Wha-? No "

Jc looked at me with tear stained eyes and nodded his head. Looking down at my feet I whispered, " why? "

" Its my mom. She has-

His words were cut off by more tears. I wanted so badly to comfort him but I couldn't convince my legs to move. After a painful 5 minutes of watching him cry into his knees he finally sniffled and looked up at me again.

" Tori, my mom has cancer and they don't think she'll make it ", he choked out.

The shock of what he had told me made me stand to my feet and begin to pace around the bedroom. My hands were on my neck as the tears started to pour out. Jc's legs were hugged tightly into his chest and his face nuzzled into his knees but I could still hear his sobs. When the shock finally left my body I sat down next to Jc and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. My face was in his neck and I dampened his shirt with my tears.

" Tori, if she doesn't make it I have to stay there. I have to take care of them "

I knew he was talking about his siblings who I hadn't thought about yet. Tears streamed down both of our faces as we stared at each other in silence.

" I'm going with you. "

" No. No you aren't. You have a life to live here and I have a responsibility back home. I can't let you ruin your life because of me. "

I looked at him with the hurt clearly showing through my eyes.

" My life will be ruined if you aren't in it. "

" Tori I-

I cut him off saying, " No. I'm coming. I can't live without you Jc. "

He slowly closed his eyes and reopened them again looking at me nodding.

" We'll leave in the morning. "

I stood up and held out a hand to help Jc to his feet. He took it once standing wrapped his arms around my waist. I returned the hug and felt his tears on my shoulder. We stood like this for what seemed like forever before I broke the embrace.

" Lets get some sleep okay? "

He nodded his head as we climbed into bed. I fell asleep in his arms and him in mine.

I could barely open my eyes and I had a killer headache. Crying for so long had made my eyes almost swollen shut. I rolled over to see if Jc was still sleep. Nothing. I was alone in the bed.

" Jc? ", I called.

No answer. I began to panic and screamed his name louder and louder. No answer. I got up from the bed and ran into the kitchen as fast as I could. Nothing. The house was empty. I was about to start crying again when a note on the table caught my eye. I scrambled over to it and almost fell. It read:

Tori,

I couldn't let you ruin your life. Please don't come after me. I don't want you to come with me. I don't want you to follow me. I don't want you here. 

                                                                                                                                 Jc

I hugged the note to my chest and fell to the floor. As I sit on my legs on the carpet I began to cry again. Harder that I ever had before. Just then Connor and Ricky came through my door. With shocked faces they ran over to me. Connor sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around me while Ricky took the note from my hands. They read it together and looked at me with confused eyes. I wanted to say something but every time I tried to talk I only cried harder. Ricky pulled me to my feet and hugged me into him.

" Hey! Its only 7:15 no flights leave until 7:30. We can still make it. "

I looked up and Connor who had hope in his eyes. A weak smile spread across my face and I walked out the door without even waiting for them. Once Ricky and Connor climbed in the car we speed all the way to the airport. They dropped me off at the front and left to park. I ran inside and past security without even caring about getting in trouble. I ran to the nearest gate.

" Flights to Texas when is the first flight to Texas "

" Ma'am speak slower I can't understand you. "

" TELL ME WHEN THE FIRST FLIGHT TO TEXAS IS "

She gave me a very frustrated look and began clicking buttons on her computer.

"  The first flight to Texas is going to leave in about a minute. "

" WHAT GATE WHAT GATE! "

" 345 ma'am I -

I ran away without letting her finish. Gate 345. No one was in the waiting area. I ran up to the person manning the gate.

" Listen, I really need on this flight. I will come off in 5 minutes. That's all I need. I have to stop someone from leaving-

Tears began to pout out before I could finish.

" please ", is the only thing I could choke out.

" I would let you on ma'am but this plane has already left "

" No ", I whispered as I ran over to the window.

I pressed my face up against the glass and watched the only person I've ever loved fly away from me. Once the plane was out of sight I fell to the floor and began to hysterically cry. Suddenly I felt two arms lift me off the ground. Thinking it could be Jc I turned around in plain hope to find a security guard who was beginning to hand cuff me.

" You need to come with us ma'am " 

I'm back! I felt bad because I couldn't update for so long so I made it nice and long for you guys! I hope ya like it :)