Chapter 25

I woke up in my hospital bed. The IV was back in my arm. My head still throbbed.

" Good afternoon Ms Court "

I looked over to see a nurse doing something in the corner of the room. I didn't respond, I had no reason to. I had no reason to be friendly. I had no reason to talk. I had no reason to live. Jc was gone and I had no reason to live.

The nurse walked over to me and took my arm in her hand. She swiftly removed my IV and placed a bandaid over it.

" Okay, you can get dressed now "

I looked at her confusion on my face.

" You're going home today, ma'am "

Home

It hit me hard. I had no home. I had sold my house to live in California. I didn't move.

" You're clothes are in that bag over there "

I looked over at a small duffle bag sitting on the chair. Jc's bag. I began to cry. It smelled just like him. I burried my face in it, fell to the floor, and cried.

When I looked up, I was alone. The nurse left me, crying, by myself. I slowly rose to my feet and went through the motions to put on my clothes. Like a robot, I cluched the bag to my chest and moved myself out the door. With my head down I walked to the front desk.

" I need to check out "

My voice was dry, almost nonexistent.

" Name? ", the small man behind the desk said not looking up.

" Tori Court "

The man typed rapidly on his computer before printing out a little slip on the counter for me to sign.

" Okay, you're free to go "

I walked away without saying a word. When I exited the hospital the hot air hit me and the sun blinded my eyes. There was a car there with someone sitting in it but I couldn't see their face. I drug my feet past the car and onto the side walk.

" Tori! Where are you going? "

The voice was familiar. Jc. I whipped my head around and saw him there leaning on the car, arms folded across his chest. He gave me a confused look. I closed my eyes tightly and reopened them, he was still there. Then I shook my head, he was still there.

" You're- you're alive? ", I said asstonished.

He raised one eyebrow at me and removed his sunglasses.

" Yes? "

I just stood there and stared at him with wide eyes. How was this possible? I continued to stare at him in shock.

" Babe? Are you okay?

Without anwsering him I walked towards him and touched his face. Real. He was real.

" Tori, say something "

I gulped. " I- You- but you died "

" I died? "

" Yes! When I didn't remember you because I had amnesia, you killed yourself "

He put his hand on my forehead.

" Are you feeling okay? "

" No! You're supposed to be dead "

" Well, I can go jump off a cliff... If thats what you want? "

I pulled him tightly into a hug.

" You're not dead ", I whispered.

We got in the car and Jc began to drive home.

" I have a question. "

" Shoot "

" What did happen? "

" You came here to Texas and you were-

" I was kidnapped. I remember that part. Then what? "

" Then I found you and you've been in the hospital for a couple days but they said your cuts were healed enough to go home "

" It was a dream ", I said under my breath.

" Whats that?

" Nothing "

We pulled into Jc's driveway and I ran inside to greet everyone. The house was empty. I turned around and looked at Jc.

" She didn't make it, and the kids were taken away by the state. They're with my aunt. "

" Jc I'm so-

" Shh. I don't wanna talk about it. You're home and that's all that matters "

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

" I'm gonna take a shower "

I ran upstair and hopped in. When I looked down I saw the scars... They were deep and they were everywhere. I rubbed my finger over the long one that covered my stomach. I began to cry, loudly. I was so ugly, disgusting, deformed. Suddenly I heard the door open.

" Jc, please go away "

" No. I'm coming in "

" No, I- I don't want you to see me like this "

He opened the curtain and I attempted to hide but he wrapped his arms around me before I could. I put my arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder.

" You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met "

Okay guys, on a serious note. First off thank you so much to everyone who gives me positive comments on every chapter, I love you. But some comments are really hurtful. I've gotten so many comments/messages saying that my fanfic is really dramatic and I know that. I make it that way because it makes things interesting. But last time I got annoying. Is it really annoying to read? If so I'm sorry. I can dial down the events but I just don't think it will be as interesting of a story. I literally just write for you guys. I was never planning to do a sequel but I put my heart and soul into this for you guys to enjoy. It really hurts me when you don't like it....