Chapter 23

************Warning, this chapter will contain grafic descriptions. If you are squiemish I suggest you don't read it**************************

He put me in what looked like a jail cell. My left ankle had a heavy lock around it connected to a large chain cemented into the near by wall. When I awoke my head was pounding and dry blood was crusted into my hair. I tried to yell but nothing came out. My stomache growled in severe hunger. I had no idea how long I'd been down here. Suddenly the door at the top of the stair case I hadn't seen until now swung open. The man from the airport walked in. He was different. His hiar was blonde and he had dark circles under his eyes. The only reason I recognized him was because of his big blue eyes and pink lips.

" Get up. "

I struggled but managed to stand to my feet. He unlocked the cage and came towards me. In defense I put my arms over my face. He rolled his eyes and bent down to my ankle chain.

" I'm gonna take this off but you have to promise not to try and get out again. "

I shook my head not knowing if my throat would let the words come out. He unlocked the chain and I fell to the floor rubbing the deep red grooves left in my ankle. Without saying a word he left. All I was thinking about was what he said.

You have to promise not to try and get out again.

Again? How long have I been here.

I'd been concious for about three days now and still no water or food. My head throbbed non stop and I threw up about every hour. The only thing I held onto is that my ankle wounds were starting to heal.

* A week later *

He gives me water everyday now but the only thing I've had to eat was his leftover cereal one morning. I was loosing weight. Fast.

To get through the days I thought about Jc. I would close my eyes and Imagine I was with him. Holding his hand while we walked on the beach. Or running my fingers through his hair while we cuddled on his bed. Sometimes, when the hunger pains got bad, I would think about us getting married. I would plan out ever beautiful detail in my head. From the flowers to who I would invite and everything in between. But my beautiful fantasies were always crumbled by me throwing up or him coming down to give me water.

* 3 days later *

He finally gave me some food. It wasn't much, but it was food. And I did feel a little better. But I was sleeping a lot. And I knew that wasn't a good sign. I tried to stay awake by thinking of Jc but he could barely help me anymore. Sometimes I would wonder if he was ever even real.

* One month earlier *

Jc's POV

I was sitting in my mother's room at the hospitial. Two days ago I had left Tori, with only a note telling her not to follow me. Part of me thought she would. Most of me longed for her to show up here. But I made it clear I didn't want her with me. Stupid.

My mom wasn't doing well and it hurt me that all I could think about was Tori. The doctors told me she only had days left. My brother and sister were with my aunt. I let them say goodbye this morning and sent them away. They didn't need to see her like this.

* Ring Ring *

I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Connor.

" Hello "