Chapter 2

Ayesha and her father slowed their horses down to a trot. They were outside of the Mirkwood palace. They rode across the white bridge, which was made of stone, which separated the palace from the Mirkwood forest. They stopped in front of the palace gate. A guard walked over to Ayesha's father and asked him what his business was in Mirkwood. 

The guard went inside the palace to make sure he was expected. Eventually, the guard came back, and let Ayesha and her father through. They dismounted their horses and walked inside the palace. Ayesha was amazed by the beauty that the palace portrayed. The palace had streams of water flowing under the arches and walkways. It was very quiet, but peaceful in the palace. Mirkwood guards were all over the palace. The guards did not move or acknowledge anyone who passed them. They simply stood tall, with spears that pointed straight up to the roof, that was in their hands. Ayesha loved the palace. The palace had many walkways, that led to many parts of the palace. The arches held the stairs, and they were connected to the roof.

They were greeted by a servant.

"Hir vuin (my lord), hiril vuin (my lady), please follow me." The servant said.

Ayesha and her father followed the servant to the throne room. The throne room was in the center of the palace. There was a small set of steps that led to the king's throne chair. The chair had elk antlers on the top of the chair. They walked up the first set of steps and stopped at the top. The servant bowed to the king and left. The king sat back in his chair comfortably. His legs were crossed, and he held a staff that looked like it was made of wood. He had pure blonde hair, that had a crown with sticks and yellow, orange leaves around his head. The crown would always be different colors, based on what season it was.

"Hir vuin (my lord), Thranduil." Ayesha's father said as he took a step forward and bowed.

The king lowered his head in return.

"I hope your travel was well." The king said.

He stood up from his chair and walked down the steps.

Ayesha was frozen. There was something about the king that she thought interested her. His blue eyes caught her attention and made her weak. It was almost like they hypnotized her. He had the lightest blonde hair she had ever seen. The king stood in front of her father. He was very tall and calm. His hands were behind his back, as he stood straight up. The king and her father talked for a while, until the king notice Ayesha, standing behind her father.

"Who is this?" Thranduil asked as he looked over her fathers shoulder.

"Oh, this is my daughter, Ayesha." Her father introduced.

"Hir vuin (my lord)," Ayesha said with a bow.

When she stood up from bowing, she looked up at him. He was very still like he had heard nothing. He did not mention anything to anyone for a moment. Ayesha looked at Thranduil, while he looked at her.

"Nice to meet you, Ayesha," Thranduil said. "You will be escorted to your rooms, and then you will be my guests for dinner tonight."

Ayesha and her father bowed to Thranduil. They were led out of the throne room, by one of the servants. Ayesha looked back and Thranduil, who watched them leave, then she quickly turned her head.