Chapter 18

Ayesha was sitting on a bench in the garden, when Thranduil walked up behind her. He put his hand on her shoulders gently.

"What are you doing?" asked Thranduil.

Ayesha lifted her left hand and put it on Thranduil's hand.

"Just thinking." answered Ayesha.

Thranduil walked to the front and stood in front of Ayesha. He bent down in front of her and took her hands in his. Thranduil looked at Ayesha's face and knew something was wrong.

"Ayesha, what is wrong?" asked Thranduil.

"I was talking to my father and he made it sound like I am only engaged to you because you are a king. Can you believe my own father would think that?" explained Ayesha.

Ayesha started to cry. Thranduil gently put his hand on her cheek and whipped the tears from her face.

"Is that literally how people will look at me?" mumbled Ayesha. "Seeing a girl who just wanted to be royalty."

Thranduil didn't know what to say to Ayesha. He wanted to tell her something, give her some advice, but he didn't even know what to do. So he just comforted her. He gave her a hug, while she let it all out. When she was done crying, she whipped her tears away and looked at Thranduil.

"You know your very bad at giving advice." chuckled Ayesha.

Thranduil smiled back at Ayesha. "I tried though." said Thranduil.

"Yes you did and I appreciate that." replied Ayesha.

Ayesha took Thranduil's hand and they both walked out of the garden, hand in hand. They headed inside and went to the dinning room. They sat down at the empty table and began eating. Ayesha's father didn't join them tonight. He had tolled Thranduil that he had something he needed to do. Ayesha didn't mind. She wasn't in the mood to see her father after what he said. So she enjoyed her dinner with her soon to be husband.