Chapter 12

Thranduil was outside on the porch. He was hunched over the rail, leaning on it. Ayesha saw him just looking at the land. He was still and quiet, like something was wrong. Ayesha walked over to Thranduil and stood next to him.

"Is everything okay Thranduil?" asked Ayesha.

Thranduil turned his head, so he could look at her. "Yeah. Why do you ask?" continued Thranduil.

"You just seem different ever since you came back from the kingdom of Lady Light of Lothlorien. You've been quiet and have kept to yourself, so I was wondering if everything went well." said Ayesha.

"Every thing is fine, I guess I am just a little tired." explained Thranduil.

"Okay, if you say so." replied Ayesha as she started to walk away from Thranduil.

Before Ayesha went away, Thranduil turned around and asked her if she would like to go for a ride. Ayesha agreed to go with Thranduil for a ride. She was happy that he wanted to get out of the kingdom of Rivendell for a little bit. She thought it would clear his head and do him some good. They walked with each other to the stables. Ayesha didn't bother to saddle her horse, she thought she would just ride bareback. Thranduil took his elk out of the stables and hopped on. Ayesha followed his lead and hopped on her horse. They walked along the path, heading away from the kingdom. They came upon open land and cantered their animals.

It was a warm sunny day and they were enjoying it. The air was fresh, the ground was loud from the hooves running on it. Everything was going great, no distractions or interruptions. They came upon a river and stopped for water. The animals were standing in the river drinking, while Thranduil was on the side of the river sitting on a boulder. Ayesha was by the river, she cuffed her hands and brought the water up to her lips. When she was done drinking water, she sat next to Thranduil.

"Thank you for letting me tag along." said Ayesha.

"Not problem, besides a ride without someone is no fun." explained Thranduil.

They headed back to Rivendell and it was dark out. The stars were shinning in the night, with crickets chirping. Thranduil hopped off his elk before Ayesha, so he could help her down. When she hopped off, she kind of lost her balance, falling back into Thranduil.

"Are you alright?" asked Thranduil.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." replied Ayesha.

"It's no problem." added Thranduil.

They looked at each other. Ayesha looked into his blue eyes. Thranduil inched himself closer to Ayesha. She was still, waiting for something to happen. Thranduil pressed his lips to hers, giving her a gentle, sweet kiss on the lips. Ayesha put her left hand on the back of Thranduil's neck, making him kiss her more. Thranduil had his arms around Ayesha's back.

When they stopped, they looked at one another for a moment, until Ayesha said she must head back to her room. Thranduil nodded and released his arms from her back. He watch Ayesha walk away and gave a smile. While Ayesha walked back to her room, she thought about what just happened between Thranduil and her. She couldn't believe that just happened.