Chapter 9

Ayesha, Thranduil, and the two guards were riding on a path to Rivendell, that had a mountain on the right. Ayesha looked ahead at Rivendell. It was so beautiful. It had many peaceful waterfalls and green trees, that surrounded Rivendell. The buildings were white, with wonderful arch ways that led to different areas.

They came into the front of one of the buildings, where an elf with dark hair was waiting with some of his advisers. Thranduil hopped off his elk and went over to Ayesha to help her down from her horse. He then walked over to the elf with dark hair. They greeted each other and chatted a little bit. Ayesha remained behind Thranduil, with the guards to her right.

The elf with the dark hair looked over Thranduil's shoulder and asked, "Who is this?"

Thranduil looked back at Ayesha with a smile, he took a step down and reached his hand out to her. She grabbed his hand and she was led up the steps. She was a couple of feet away from the dark haired elf.

"This is Ayesha, Elrond. Ayesha this is Lord Elrond of Rivendell." introduced Thranduil.

Ayesha quickly bowed and said, "Hir vuin (my lord), Elrond."

"Please Ayesha, call me Elrond." insisted Elrond. "Come, you must be hungry."

Elrond led Ayesha and Thranduil to a table that was outside. The table had many food on it. They all took their seats, with Elrond at the top of the table. Thranduil sat on the left side of Elrond, with Ayesha seated across from Thranduil. They began eating their food and got to know each other.

They laughed at the table, as they spoke to each other. It was becoming dark outside and Ayesha was done eating so she excused herself.

"Thank you for the food, Elrond, it was delicious. But I must turn in for the night." said Ayesha.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the food and I hope you have a good nights sleep." replied Elrond.

Thranduil nodded his head to Ayesha. She walked away from them and headed to her room. When she was gone, Elrond looked over at Thranduil.

"So, is there anything between you and Ayesha?" asked Elrond.

"Nothing. I just thought I would bring her along." explained Thranduil.

"So no feelings at all?" continued Elrond.

"I don't know. She is something that I can't explain."

"Thranduil, she is a girl, you can't explain any of them."

"Ayesha looks at things differently than others." said Thranduil.

"If you say so." added Elrond.

Lord Elrond turned in for the night, while Thranduil was still seated outside. He thought for a moment before he retired for the night. As he thought about things, he took in the fresh air that Rivendell had to offer.