Chapter 16

Everyone was in the front courtyard of Rivendell. The two Mirkwood guards were ready to go. They were dressed in their armor and the horses were saddled. Ayesha was dressed in her black dress and had her weapons with her. Thranduil had his sword around his waist and was dressed in his usual. Elrond and Celebrian stood at the top of the steps, watching them prepare to depart.

Thranduil and Ayesha walked up the steps to them. They said their goodbyes to each other. Ayesha gave her new friend, Celebrian, a hug and wish her the best, until they meet again. Ayesha, Thranduil, and the two guards mounted their animals and started walking out of the courtyard. They were on the path that would lead them out of Rivendell. Ayesha was going to miss Celebrian, but she looked forward to seeing her again.

They were galloping through the open land, heading back to Mirkwood. Ayesha was happy to go home. She wanted to see her father again, but she didn't know what was going to happen between her and Thranduil.

They all made it back to Mirkwood. The gates opened for them and they walked in. Thranduil was approached by an elf, who needed him to take care of something. Thranduil walked over to Ayesha. He told her that he needed to take care of something, but to meet him in the garden. Ayesha agreed to Thranduil's proposal (not marriage proposal).

She went to her room, so she could put her weapons away and to change into another dress. She fixed her hair and read her book, until it was time to meet Thranduil in the garden.

She walked to the garden and she didn't see Thranduil anywhere, so she sat down on a bench. It was a couple of minutes passed before Thranduil showed up. He was dressed in his usual long outfits and had his crown on. He walked up to Ayesha and took her hand, making her stand up from the bench.

"What's up?" asked Ayesha. "You seem different."

"Nothin', I just have to ask you something." said Thranduil.

"Okay, what do you want to ask me?" added Ayesha.

Thanduil went down on one knee, with her hand still held by his. Ayesha covered her mouth with her other hand, while Thranduil looked her straight in the eyes. He took out a box from behind his back. He took the lid off the box, showing a gold ring. The ring looked like it was made out of sticks. He held it to Ayesha and asked, "Ayesha, will you marry me?"

Ayesha immediately nodded her head. "Yes, absolutly." answered Ayesha.

Thranduil stood up and put the ring on her finger. They gave each other a kiss and then a hug.