Chapter 8

Ayesha was waiting for Thranduil to arrive in the stables, so they could get going to Rivendell. She was dressed in her black dress, with her hair in a french braid. She had her quiver that hung on her back, with her sabers and bow, along with arrows. She was waiting with her horse, petting it gently on the nose.

"Where could he be?" whispered Ayesha to herself.

Finally Thranduil arrived. He wasn't dressed in his usual cloths and crown. He had an elvish blade (sword) around his waist. He had a silver band around his head. He walked over to his elk, which was saddled and ready.

"I see you made it

"I see you made it." said Ayesha with a smile.

"Sorry, I had to tend to something." replied Thranduil.

"No worries." said Ayesha.

"I brought you something as well." said Thranduil as he walked over to Ayesha.

She watched Thranduil walk over to her. His hands were behind his back and he had a smile on his face. He moved his hands forward, having them right in front of Ayesha. He was holding a sliver band, that looked like leaves connected to each other. It was a similar band to the one he was wearing around his head. Ayesha was silent, she couldn't believe he had gotten her one.

"Thranduil, it's beautiful. Thank you." said Ayesha.

"I'm glad you like it." replied Thranduil. "May I?"

Thranduil gently placed the band on her head. He made sure it was centered. Thranduil took a step back and looked Ayesha with her new silver band. He remained still and silent. Ayesha looked at him with a little bit of concern.

"Is there something wrong?" asked Ayesha.

"Absolutely not." answered Thranduil, who snapped out of admiring how beautiful Ayesha looked.

They both hopped on their rides and rode toward Rivendell. They were accompanied by two guards, who held spears up, so they wouldn't drag on the ground. Ayesha rode behind Thranduil and his elk. She looked at the land around her, how beautiful it was. Thranduil and the guards were just focused on the rode ahead. They eventually slowed their animals to a walk, so they could catch a break.

Ayesha rode on the right side of Thranduil, with the guards behind them.

"So why don't you admire the land around you when you ride?" asked Ayesha.

"Nothing new that I have seen before." answered Thranduil.

"Yes, but how do you know if your not looking?" continued Ayesha with the question, with a little bit of sarcasm.

"Your not like other elves." said Thranduil with a smile.

"How so?" asked Ayesha.

"You look at things in a different perspective. Many would simply stay quiet and accept the facts and reasoning of others. But you, you like to admire everything around you." explained Thranduil.

"I'm not most girls." said Ayesha.

"No, you're sure not." added Thranduil.