Chapter 29

It has been years since Ayesha's death. Legolas is all grown up and has just completed his task with the Fellowship of the Ring. He has made quiet the friends and has his own life to live. Thranduil hasn't changed much. He is still grieving for his wife, Ayesha. A day doesn't go by that Thranduil thinks about her. He has left the white jewels under the mountain with the neighboring dwarves.

***

Thranduil dismissed all his guards for the feast. He was alone, sitting on his throne. Everything was silent. He was alone. As he sat on his throne, he thought about Ayesha. How things would of been if she hadn't died.

Just then, something in the distance was starting to appear. An outline of a shadow was becoming clear and clear. Thranduil was puzzled by this shadow. He hadn't seen anything like it before. The shadow became an elf, with blonde hair. She was dressed in white and had a silver crown band rested on her head. Thranduil stood up in disbelief. The shadow was his wife, Ayesha. She was walking toward him.

When she reached the area before his throne she stopped.

"Hir vuin (my lord), Thranduil." said Ayesha as she bowed.

Thranduil was confused. Why was she calling him Lord?

"Ayesha? Is that you?" asked a confused Thranduil.

"No, hir vuin (Yes, my lord)." answered Ayesha.

A tear slowly slid down her cheek. Thranduil walked down the thrones steps and walked to her. He came close to her and put his hands gently on her cheeks. With his thumbs, he whipped the tears from her face.

"How is this possible?" whispered Thranduil.

"It's not," said Ayesha. "I only have a little bit of time. Thranduil we need to talk."

Thranduil took a step back from Ayesha. He looked at her, waiting for her to say something. Ayesha looked at Thranduil with a little bit of disgust.

"What happened to my husband? He was the direct opposite of what he has become. He use to run into battle head on and destroy everything in his path. He was a loving father and husband, but also the best ruler of Mirkwood. But ever since my death, he has become something different and unknown. He does not rule the way he use to, and he is distant from our son. Did you not read the letter? I told you, to remember me, to be a father to our son, and what do you do? You go against my wishes. You do not see the beauty anymore, but the darkness. What are you doing, Thranduil? You are not the man I married. You have not been a son to Legolas, but a king. When he needed a father you were his king. You thought that if you had those white jewels under the mountain, you would see me. You are wrong. I am gone and there is nothing you can do about it. You have been searching for me in things, when the thing I was in was Legolas. I am in our son. He is apart of me. He is everything that I hopped he would be. When he was little, I saw the strength and courage of his father, and the love of his mother. You have become distant. What would your father of thought?" started Ayesha.

Thranduil was surprised by all of this. He realized that Ayesha was right, and he knew it. But he couldn't except them.

"I am sorry, Ayesha. I am sorry I lost the one thing on Middle Earth that I loved and treasured every day of my existence." shouted Thranduil.

"You did not lose me. I have been with you since you lost me," explained Ayesha. "I am right by your side, and you can even find me in our son."

She walked over to Thranduil and gently kissed him on the lips. When she was done, she took a step back.

"I must go." said Ayesha as she walked away from Thranduil.

He began to cry. He had just got her back and was now loosing her.

She was starting to fade away, when she stopped and turned to look at Thranduil.

"Tell Legolas I love him," said Ayesha. "And Thranduil, I will be waiting to see you two again. Gi melin (I love you), Thranduil."

Ayesha had disappeared completly.