Chapter 30

Legolas was walking to his room. He walked through the halls, passing some elves here and there. He was going to his room because he was looking for his knife that once belonged to his mother. He opened his bedroom door and started looking through every drawer.

He found a lot of this that he had lost, but he didn't find the knife. He walked over to the last drawer that wasn't checked yet. It was a small drawer, with a handle that looked like leaves.

He pulled the drawer open. The first thing he saw was his knife. He pulled it out and placed it in his boot. Just before he closed the drawer, he saw something shoved in the back of the drawer. Legolas put his hand in the back of the drawer, trying to grab it. He pulled it out of the drawer and saw that it was an old letter. He turned it straight up.

The letter was addressed to him. Legolas was puzzled. Who could have wrote him a letter from a long time ago? He closed the drawer and walked to his bed, where he took a seat on the edge of the bed. He opened the letter. Legolas took it out of the envelope and began to read it.

Dear Legolas,
I wrote you this letter because I needed to tell you some things, that I didn't get to tell you in person. I wanted you to know me, your mother, Ayesha. There is a lot to know about me, so I'll only tell you the important things. I was a fighter when it came time to be. I loved to read books. I especially loved to watch you play when you were young. I fought with a bow and sword. I was pretty good at it, if I may so. When I moved to Mirkwood, I met your father. At first, I thought he was a serious, unfriendly, and cold hearted king. However, that wasn't the case. I got to know him better. I learned that he was wise, tough, and loving. Which is why I fell in love him. He treated me like no other. He was the love of my life. After all, he gave me you. When you were born, you and your father became my world. I had a family. You were immediately precious to me. Which is why I didn't come back to you and your father. I left to fight because I wanted you to grow up in the best place possible on Middle Earth. I wanted a world without orcs, goblins, and so much more for you. There were a lot of things that I wanted to do with you, that I didn't get the chance to. And for that, I'm sorry. I wanted to see you shoot an arrow for the first time. Here how you killed your first orc. Tell me about a girl you loved and see you start your own family. Those are the things I will never get to do. But in a way, I probably will. I've probably got the best seat in another place, though. I know you wish you knew me. You probably even wish I was still there but I am. I am right by your side everyday. You may not be able to see me, but you can sense and feel me there. Before this letter ends though, I want you to do something for me. I want you to live your life like their is no tomorrow. Do what you want. When you want. Gi Melin (I love you), Legolas. Remember that. I look forward to seeing you and your father again.
Until then,
Your Mother Ayesha Greenleaf

When Legolas read that, he was so touched. He started to cry. He couldn't believe his mother wrote him that. He put the letter back in the drawer neatly. He walked out of his room remembering everything that the letter said.