Chapter 26

The entire ride home was horrible. Thranduil was playing what happened over and over again. He couldn't get the images out of his head. He remembered seeing her fall. He thought about how she bled and died in his arms. Thranduil couldn't feel anything anymore. It was like he had died with her. He started playing every moment he had with her, over again.

He was back in Mirkwood. He went upstairs, finding Legolas and Ayesha's father playing on the floor. Thranduil walked into the room. Legolas looked at his father with excitement. He stood up and ran to Thranduil, hugging his leg. Ayesha's father stood up and looked at Thranduil, who was very sad.

"Where is Ayesha?" asked her father.

Thranduil didn't say anything, he just looked at her father with teared up eyes. Ayesha's father started to cry, he had lost his wife and now his daughter. Thranduil picked up Legolas.

"Where is nana (mother)?" asked Legolas.

When Thranduil heard that he started to cry. Before he answered Legolas's question, he cleared the tears from his eyes.

"Legolas, nana (mother) never made it back." said Thranduil.

Legolas was old enough to know what that meant. He started to cry, fore he knew his mom had died. He hid his face on his fathers shoulder. Thranduil stoked Legolas's back, as he cried.

"I know, I know." whispered Thranduil.

" whispered Thranduil

***

A couple of weeks later there was a memorial service for Ayesha. Leader of all kingdoms attended. Elrond and Celebrian came with their children. Celebrian wouldn't stop crying over Ayesha's death. They were really close friends. Elrond showed his sorrow by remaining quiet, as he comforted his wife. Galadriel and Celeborn attended as well. They showed their condolences to Legolas and Thranduil. Legolas cried the entire day, for his mother.

After the memorial, Ayesha's father approached Thranduil.

"Ayesha was the only family I had after I lost her mother. I was worried about so many things that she would face when she would grow up. I wanted her to find someone who would take care of her and protect her. Now I see that she did. Thranduil, she loved you very much. Nothing could change that. All she ever wanted in life was family. So I thank you for everything you did for my little girl." said her father.

Ayesha's father handed Thranduil a letter addressed to him.

"It's from Ayesha. She gave it to me before you two left." explained her father.