Chapter 19

Weeks had gone by, and things were busy in Mirkwood. Ayesha was busy with her lessons and training the soldiers. Thranduil was busy getting ready to travel to Rivendell for a meeting with the elvish council. He was in the stables saddling his elk.

Ayesha stood away from Thranduil. She was sad that he was leaving for the meeting and that she couldn't go with him because she had to stay and keep doing her lessons.

Thranduil looked over at Ayesha, who had her head down and her hands cuffed together. He walked over to her and took her hands in his. Ayesha looked up at him with a sad face.

"I'll be back in no time." said Thranduil as he kissed her hand.

"I know, its just that I can't bear you going away for so many days." explained Ayesha.

Thranduil gave Ayesha a kiss on the lips. Followed by a hug. He walked over to his elk and hopped on. He walked the elk out if the stable, with the two guards behind him. Ayesha watched him leave.

Once Thranduil was gone, Ayesha had a tear fall down her cheek.

"I'll be waiting." whispered Ayesha to herself.

Thranduil had just road outside of the Mirkwood boundaries. It was only a matter of time before he would reach Rivendell for the elvish meeting with the other leaders.

***

Thranduil had made it to Rivendell. He was so tired from the ride, that he went straight to his room. He passed out on the top of the bed, falling asleep.

While he was sleeping, the leaders of the other elvish kingdoms were in the dinning room, having dinner with one another. Galadriel, Celeborn, Celebrian, and Elrond were all sitting with each other, eating. Celebrian was happy that her parents were going her and Elrond for dinner. She hadn't seen them in so long, so she enjoyed their company.

Her mother, Galadriel, had pure blonde hair, that looked like it shinned bright. Her father, Celeborn, was a very stern and serious elf. He preferred things done easily and reasonably. Elrond didn't really mind having dinner with the in-laws.

Everyone was wondering when Thranduil would join them, since they were not informed that he had retired for the night. The day was turning into the night. Everybody was getting tired, so they all turned in for the night, getting ready for tomorrow.