Chapter 3

Ayesha opened the door to her new room. It was a nice room, much larger than her other room. It had two doors toward the back of the room, which led to the outside patio. The room had a king-sized bed with a canape. There were two nightstands on each side of the bed. There was a dresser on the opposite side of the bed and a desk in the corner, between the porch doors and dresser. There was also a chest in front of the bed. It had a rustic look to it. She closed her bedroom door, and put down her bag, which contained all of her belongings.

Ayesha walked over to the chest and opened it. She started taking her clothes out of her bag and started placing them into the dresser. When all of her clothes were in the drawers of her dresser, she took out a navy blue dress with some parts of the dress that were white. She laid it out on the bed very neatly. She changed into the dress for dinner with the king. Her hair was put down, with the sides tied in the back. After she put on the dress, she opened the chest and put her bow and quiver in it.

Ayesha had a couple of minutes before dinner with the king, so she grabbed her book and sat on her bed

Ayesha had a couple of minutes before dinner with the king, so she grabbed her book and sat on her bed. Ayesha read her book until her father knocked on her bedroom door for dinner. Ayesha and her father walked to the dining room, where the king was seated. They all took their seats. The king was at the front of the table, with Ayesha on his left, and her father on his right.

The dining room was quiet while everyone ate.

"So Ms. Ayesha, what do you like to do?" Thranduil asked.

Ayesha looked up at Thranduil, who was waiting for an answer. "I love to read hir vuin (my lord)."

"What is it that you like to read?" Thranduil continued with the conversation.

"Mainly anything, but I love to read fiction," Ayesha replied.

"I see," Thranduil said.

Thranduil ended the conversation with Ayesha, and moved on to talk with her father. They were talking about work related things. Ayesha felt like she blew the dinner. It was so boring for her and she thought that the king was quite rude. When dinner ended they said goodbye to the king. They went to their rooms and prepared for their nights rest. Ayesha's father walked her to her room, and wished her a good night. Ayesha changed into her silk nightgown. She sat at her dresser, redoing her hair into a fishtail braid, so it wouldn't knot while she was sleeping.

Before she went to bed, she opened her porch doors. She walked out and stood on the porch, looking up at the star sky, with the moon shining bright. While she was looking up at the sky, Thranduil was on the other side of the palace, in his room. His room was on the opposite side of Ayesha's. He looked out the window and saw her looking up at the sky. The moonlight hit her face just right, to where he smiled.

Ayesha stopped looking at the sky. She eventually saw Thranduil through his window and waved at him with a smile. Then, she went back inside her room, and went to bed.