Chapter 17

Ever since Thranduil proposed to Ayesha, things have been slightly different. Thranduil has been tending to the work of being a king of Mirkwood. He has also been planning the wedding, but he hasn't really gotten to anything, outside of his duties as King. Ayesha was doing her usual as well. She wasn't planning her wedding right away, she was helping training the elf soldiers. She would read in the garden, or her ladies would find her and start their lessons on being a Lady of Mirkwood. Since Ayesha wasn't royal elvish blood, she needed to learn the responsibilities and duties as a, soon to be, Lady of Mirkwood. Ayesha wasn't even rushing the planning of the wedding. She knew that her and Thranduil have only known each other for a couple of weeks, so she decided to not rush things.

Ayesha was happy that she was going to marry Thranduil, even though he would be plenty busy, with his duties. She didn't mind though. She knew she loved Thranduil and didn't want to be away from him anymore. She didn't care that he was Lord of Mirkwood, all she cared about was his character.

This chapter starts with her father and her.

Ayesha walks into her father study. She sees him sitting at a desk, with a book in front of him.

"A ada (hi father)." said Ayesha, as she walked over to her father and took a seat next to him.

"A Ayesha (hi Ayesha), what is going on?" asked her father. "Beside being engaged and all."

"I am doing fine, but how are you?"

"Doing work, as usual." answered her father.

"Ada (dad), something is bothering you." said Ayesha.

"Oh Ayesha. Are you sure about this? I know he is a king and everything, but I want what is best for you." said her father.

"Ada, I'm not engaged to him because he is the Lord of Mirkwood. I'm engaged to him because I love him." explained Ayesha.

Ayesha was a little mad at her dad. She stood up from her chair and walked out of the room. How could her father think that? Ayesha wasn't after to be royalty, but to have her own family.