Chapter 20

It was the next day. The sun was shinning bright and birds were singing their morning songs. Thranduil woke up to the find the sun hitting his face. He blinked his eyes a couple of times before got out of bed. He sat up on the bed and then stood up. He walked to his chest and grabbed a pair of cloths. He changed into the new pair of cloths. He placed the silver band around his head and made sure everything was perfect, before he walked out of his room.

He walked outside to where the meeting would be held. Elrond was sitting at a table with his wife and the in-laws. Galadriel sat next to her husband, Celeborn. Her back was straight and her husband was ready to get down to business. Thranduil took his seat next to Elrond. Elrond told his wife, Celebrian, to go for a moment, so they could tend to business. Celebrian kissed Elrond on the cheek before she left them.

The table was quiet for a moment, before they tended to business.

"Lets get started, shall we." said Celeborn.

"Very well." continued Thranduil.

The meeting lasted a while. They mainly talked about things that interrupted the peace in Middle Earth. The meeting wasn't brutal, but it was pretty hard for Thranduil because he was still tired. When the meeting was over, Celeborn and Galadriel went with their daughter, while Thranduil and Elrond took a stroll through the garden.

"So I heard you proposed." Elrond said, starting the conversation.

"Yes I did." replied Thranduil with a smile.

"Well." continued Elrond.

"Well what?" asked Thranduil.

"Are you looking forward to your wedding?" asked Elrond.

"Well yeah. I can't wait for Ayesha to become my wife. We just haven't really planned the wedding yet." explained Thranduil.

"Really? Ayesha hasn't done anything for the wedding?" said a shocked Elrond. "Usually girls are over planning their wedding."

"Yeah, well Ayesha isn't like most." said Thranduil.

"I'll say." replied Elrond.

They headed back to the building, where the in-laws and Celebrian were waiting. Elrond went to sit by his wife. Thranduil looked at the happy family. Celebrian had the chance to see her parents again and Galadriel and Celeborn got to see their daughter. Just looking at them, made Thranduil remember his father. He mainly remembered how his father went into battle with him and didn't make it to see the end. His father, Oropher, was a brave man. He didn't care about the danger. He stood front line, facing it straight on, eye to eye.