Chapter 28

Things were never the same for the Greenleaf family. Legolas was no longer the little boy that Thranduil had seen play on the floor. He had grown up into a wonderful prince of Mirkwood. But Legolas wasn't the only thing that change, Thranduil had broken promises to his wife. He didn't want Legolas to marry a lowly Silvan elf, like Ayesha had requested.

He turned into the king that Ayesha had first met, but worse. He was serious and it was like he had no feelings anymore. Thranduil was always focused on what happened. He never focused on what is happening in the present. He thought about things. Like what he could of done different, but it didn't change anything. Ayesha wasn't going to come back.

So, he stayed the same serious elf king, that others feared or respected.

He was no longer a good father to Legolas. Instead of being a father, Thranduil remained a king to Legolas. He never spoke or told Legolas about his mother. Some how Thranduil didn't even remain a good king. He turned into a coward because he didn't want to lose anyone else. He kept his heart away from the world and people. It was like it was locked away from everything, never to see light again.

His heart was permanently broke and it could not be mended. So Thranduil became worse than what he once was. He was no longer Thranduil. He was in fact a grieving elf for the rest of his life.

***

Ayesha looked down on what her family had become, and she hated herself for it.

Sorry for the short chapter.