CHAPTER EIGHT

"Archers to the towers" beckoned Princess Zelda in a voice as mine usually was when I cast spells. Watchtowers dotted around the grounds filled with archers who immediately began open fire at the enimies.
"Men to cannons" again Zelda spoke. I looked down the castle walls and saw the ends of cannons poke out, and as they fired they looked as though a skilled pianist were playing them as keys. Music of war filled our ears as Zelda turns to me.
"You must construct a wizard tower. It will channel your strength and unleash the power in you. Use rocks and power crystals. Hurry!"
I was confused as of what to do. Where was I meant to get rocks from? What on earth were power crystals? My thoughts were interrupted by the familiar sight of colours in motion. Pikmin flooded up the stairs, carrying enormous grey rocks and pinkish stones that I assumed to be the so called power crystals. A tower about 5 meters high soon stood strong in front of me, with the power crystals gleaming at the base.
"Climb on Robin! The dragons are almost upon us!" Yelled Link to me. He was right, Zelda had already started assaulting the first few. I clambered up the tower and stood at the top and went to take out my book.
"No! No time! Just feel! No time! No!" Said the voice within me. I felt myself doubting as I tried to see if I could cast without the book. I simply gesture my hand forwards weakly and, to my surprise, small sparks leapt from my fingertips. One dragon seemed to laugh as it began to speed towards me. I thrust out my arm hard towards the dragon and a small beam emerged and dazed the dragon a little. I use both arms and push them out as hard as I can and a large, bright beam shot from my hands and completely took out the dragon's chest where the beam had hit. One small victory though was nothing compared to what was yet to come. Still there were about 60 dragons all advancing and the hog riders rode rough over the rubble and the wizards blasted buildings with bright beams. Hyrule was surely soon to fall if no drastic change occurred.
"I'm going down to rouse the soldiers on our side, and... Help them out a little you know? If anything goes wrong you must protect the Princess, Robin. That is the most important thing." Said Link up to me as I blasted 2 more dragons, fear in his voice was easy to hear. Most of the dragons began to attack the castle itself, but a few remained behind to take out me and Zelda. One dragon rushed towards me and another towards Princess Zelda, I shot down Zelda's oppressor and braced myself for impact.