CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

PBG warped out of the arena where we were all fighting. About a second after, so was I. I arrived in the room I had seen Pabago walk into when he left my mind. Behind me arrived Link, Chrom, and Mario.
"Now isn't this more fun?" PBG taunted
"I hate to say it PBG, but you are still outnumbered four to one. We will win this too." I replied
"that is true! How very observant of you! But you seem to have miscounted under current circumstances."
Three dark voids opened up in the ground and out of them came three identical copies of PBG's body but with blacked out eyes.
"en garde, Robin. Time to tip the scales." said PBG.
Chrom said "come on Robin. Let's finish this once and for all!"
I unleashed a battle cry and we ran towards each other. Each of the clones and PBG himself had thin, golden swords like the hog riders wielded. These met our own swords (Mario had picked up one from a fallen Barbarian) and the metals clanged. I was in combat with the real PBG, the one I had wanted to lay waste to since the very beginning of our journey. I had seen the might of his army when protecting Hyrule and Yilisse. I had seen the devastation his army could cause in the Mushroom Kingdom. I had experienced his power to train pokemon in Mewtwo. I had witnessed his mental power in the form of Pabago. But now I faced the man himself on the battlefield. We were an even match in terms of swordsmanship, and ended up throwing each other back. He then pointed his sword at me and charged up a beam like I frequently did.
"being in your mind taught me how you fight. I can do anything you can, plus more. Turn back the clock Robin, it'll save you a whole lot of trouble." he said. He fired his red magic beam and I only just managed to jump out of the way. He began to charge up his again and I did the same, each building up a powerful beam of magic to be released and cause the death of one of us. We pointed our swords right at each other. Our beams fired. They clashed between us and the shock of having to hold the power felt a little too much...