CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

"Peach," Mario said "I simply cannot apologise as much as I need to for the kingdom. But I may be able to apologise to you."
"I am my kingdom. When you abandoned one, you also abandoned the other. I will not accept your apology. Not ever." Peach replied. Professor oak took me, Chrom and Link outside. We walked towards a house quite close to the lab and went inside. In the house there was a boy, about 10 years old, with his mother.
"dad! How nice to see you!" Said the mother. This meant the son was presumably one of oak's grandsons he had talked about.
"now, I have something very special to give to you. I have brought these fine warriors along to witness this." Oak said to his grandson as the other came into the room
"what is it gramps?" asked one of them.
"well, today you receive your first pokemon!" replied oak, opening a briefcase with three pokemon balls in it. There was a little picture stuck to each ball, presumably of the pokemon inside. A blue turtle, a red lizard, and a green... Something.
"chose one, it will be your partner for life!" Said Oak.
"That one!" Said one of the boys, pointing at the lizard.
"So," Said the other boy "if he chose the fire type I should choose the water type! Squirtle it is!" he said pointing at the turtle. The boys took their respective pokemon. They began a journey as I was already in one.
"never let go to those near you, and never refuse help whether you need it or not." I said to them.
"and never ride a bike indoors!" Said the professor. "you'll leave tyre marks on the floor." and with that the boys, and I with oak left.
We walked around for a while and I was curious about pokemon, so I asked the professor all kinds of questions. It happened to be that there were many regions with almost a thousand different species of pokemon to discover.
"I wouldn't mind trying that," I said to oak "I like the idea of soaring around on moltres, finding new pokemon, and even meeting trainers for battles!"
He replied "it's a shame you didn't start at a young age! It's almost impossible to start now. You'll end up like me. Old and unable to finish what you started. Maybe one day though.".
After professor oak had said this, we went back to the lab. We went inside and everyone stood up to greet us with smiles on their faces. Even Princess Peach who had lost all had a grin as she saw us.
"it has been decided. To pay for his actions, Mario is to join our party and help us stop PBG!" Said Chrom.
"hang on," I said breaking the hum of excited murmurs "we are now completely clueless as to where PBG will strike next-"
"you may be, but I am not so unsure." Said Mario.