CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Twenty five chapters. TWENTY FIVE CHAPTERS! We are about passing half way and I'm not stopping until the end. Anyway, on with the chapter!

We ascended the stairs and emerged outside. Peach hesitantly boarded zapdos with Chrom and me and Link took our own pokemon. She screamed a little as we flew, which quickly grew rather annoying. We reached the end of the land and flew over the sea, and we quickly came within viewing distance from Kanto's coastline. We flew over an island offshore, then over the mainland before we reached 'pallet town', where professor oak's lab was. I pushed open the door and I immediately saw the professor, but who I saw with him did NOT look like a grandson. He wore a red shirt and blue dungarees. His immaculate white gloves covered large muscular fists. As he turned I saw the letter M on his red hat, and I saw his enormous moustache. His pale blue eyes fixed straight on me, and he knew I knew him.
"Mario." I said to him.
"Link! Chrom! My old friends! Good to see you! And you, stranger. Good to meet you." he said, avoiding any contact with Peach.
"Mario you ran-"
"have you guys met the professor? What a great man!" Mario interrupted Peach.
"Mario! Look here-"
"he's very smart. He knows all about pokemon!" Mario interrupted again.
"Listen-"
"did you know that-" Mario was cut off himself by me slapping him hard across the face with the back of my hand. He raised a fist to retaliate, but instead all 3 of our swordsmen drew our weapons and pointed them at him. He quickly calmed down.
"all I need to know is why. That's all I ask of you Mario, all I ask! You must tell me or else I shall assume it was my fault when we both know it wasn't." Said Princess Peach.
"wasn't it? After all, it is your duty to guide your nation through trouble and yet they now all are dead. You, yes you, killed them." he returned.
I push him to the floor and put the tip of my blade to his throat to stop him moving.
"face your responsibility like a man! You deserve blame for deserting your kingdom when it needed help! How dare you try and place the blame on Princess Peach! You disgust me." I shouted at him. I allowed him to stand, and as he did he removed his hat and bowed his head in shame. He knew what came next. The hero of the Mushroom Kingdom who let 2 million civilians die so that he could live, finally paying his respects.
"I'm sorry Peach. I'm sorry for running. I'm sorry for all the people who died, every one. I'm sorry for the kingdom itself. Everything. I am sorry." and he meant it.