CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

If you're looking for the OLD chapter eighteen then I'm afraid you're out of luck. It's gone. Fuck you ;)

Lissa stepped in and greeted me with a smile. She seemed to be a light in my otherwise darkened room, but this light seemed to have come off her earlier in the day in full sunlight too. It was less a shine and more... Radiance.
"Lissa? What brings you here?" I said to her. She looked to see if anyone had seen her come in, and then closed the door behind her. She walked over from the doorway and took a seat on my bed beside where I lay.
"So..." she started "you saved Hyrule, Yilisse, and more importantly... Me. I wouldn't be here without you, I don't think I've thanked you for that yet."
I responded "you have, you have treated me to a fine meal, and even a sword made especially for my requirements. I couldn't possibly-" Lissa placed her finger over my lips and stopped me from talking. I noticed that she had a peculiar look in her eyes on closer inspection. It was a look of weakness, but happiness in some strange mixture.
"Robin... No thanks will ever be enough to repay the dept of my life, apart from spending it with you." She said in a soft and strangely comforting voice.

Her face inched closer and closer to mine and, by some unknown instinct, mine moved up to hers. Our eyes closed and our lips touched for just four seconds before Lissa pulled back and covered her blushing face.
"Whatever that was, I thoroughly enjoyed it, Lissa. I feel a connection between us two... But I'm not sure what to call it..." I said to her as I sat up and put my arms around her waist. Her wide eyes pouring into mine in adoration, she replied with a single word.
"Love.".
She once more leaned in, but this time with more courage. She kissed me soulfully, almost tearing up in remembrance of the horrifying events from earlier that day. I embraced her closely for comfort as we continued to kiss in my gently moon-lit room.
With our lips locked I leaned backwards, taking Lissa with me.
I thought about the night ahead of me, and the woman on top of me, and I understood what I felt.

          *               *               *             *

"goodnight, my hero." she said to me as she kissed my forehead.
"goodnight, my love." I said to her as I stroked her face. I finally slept, and very happily indeed.