CHAPTER THIRTY

Can I be real here? Thirty chapters. We're getting there and I finally know the outlines of the ending. Hope you've enjoyed this far and continue to do so! On with chapter thirty! Also I'm sorry this took so long, I've been mentally blocked for some reason...

I had a feeling that had never occurred in me before. My legs shook gently, and my stomach felt as if Tatl was in it fluttering about. I believe that this was what they called fear.

I looked to Link and saw a look on his face similar to what I felt. His normally strong brow was withered and wrinkled.

Chrom shared the same look. His steely eyes once willing and rearing for battle now looked like those of a scared child.

We flew low over a thick forest, closely following the dragon we had healed. Each noise appalled me as I grew increasingly panic stricken, causing my mind to think irrationally.

In an instant we were off our path in the sky and into the trees below after being hit off course. Purple-black ethereal beings floated out of the darkness to reveal their ghostly faces. Some had pairs of floating hands in front of creepy half bodies, some were full beings that wore eerie smiles across their whole faces, and some were just floating balls of gas with eyes and fangs. They surrounded us, threatened us, and looked like they were going to kill us. Link swung at them with his sword but fell over after swinging hard and passing straight through several creatures. I could tell by the way they were moving and attacking that they were pokemon, and trained ones at that. I set moltres onto them, but he was overwhelmed himself. So was Zapdos, so was Articuno. Then I saw what they were really doing.

Yellow beams shot from their eyes at all of us that, at first, didn't seem to do anything. Then I began to feel drowsy. The birds rested first, probably as they were pokemon and this affected them most. More and more turned to our band of fighters.

Mario dropped to the floor, fists still clenched.

Chrom nearly had time to sheath his sword before dropping, but it still was exposed a little.

Link looked to me in a defeated way before dropping down and falling asleep.

I myself only had time to consider that this was possibly the end before dropping off myself. I landed on the floor with a heavy thump, and was out for a good few hours.