CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

I woke up and noticed that I wasn't in contact with the ground. In fact, I wasn't in contact with anything. Something had me held with a telekinetic power. In fact, it had Chrom, Link, and Mario too. I looked at the figure that stood in front of me, trying to figure out what it was. It stood on two legs like a man, but a long and muscular purple tail meant that this creature was not human. It stood at just over two meters at a guess, as it was taller than the average man but only by a fraction. It was, apart from the tail, completely white with piercing purple eyes. It's threatening appearance showed the immense power this thing had, and that it had us immobile at only a glance.

"I AM MEWTWO. I AM SAID TO HAVE THE MOST SAVAGE OF HEARTS AMONG ALL POKEMON. MY MASTER WILL BE WITH YOU SOON, BUT BEFORE THEN YOU'RE GOING NOWHERE." said a voice in my head that had clearly come from the creature to all of us (I could tell the others heard it by the expressions on their faces).
"I NOW TALK DIRECTLY TO YOU, LEADER. YOU MAY KNOW OF MY MASTER, BUT YOU ALSO KNOW A LITTLE MORE THAN THAT." Mewtwo said to me.
"Now now Mewtwo, let's not harm them... Yet." said a voice from the shadows. I knew this voice all too well.
"So this is where you got to, Pabago." I said to him as he stepped into the light.
"Ah, a little correction is required here. In the real world, I am PBG. Pabago is just something I made to bring you here. Please, PBG." said PBG. Link was instantly enraged that I hadn't told him of my meetings with Pabago, but said nothing for fear of breaking the team.
"Mewtwo, take us up to the arena. I fancy a little game before we crush this rebellion!" PBG said. We were all moved directly upwards by Mewtwo's psychic powers and onto a translucent turquoise platform with a symbol resembling a pokeball across the middle. This was a pokemon battle arena. We were let onto our feet and given our own pokemon to use, which we released from their pokeballs. Mario stood at the back out of the way, and me, Chrom and Link stood forwards with our pokemon. On the other side, PBG stood with Mewtwo and they both just stared at us to put fear in our hearts.
"Let's begin shall we?" said PBG.