May The Best Guardian Win

Andi's POV:
Today is the day. My final exam. I'm both excited and scared, I don't know what's gonna happen next. After what I heard, I don't know if I should try to win this thing. I feel look I don't deserve to be a guardian.
I put on my academy uniform to meet my wits at the atrium.
When I got there I saw Emma and Luke chatting, so I sigh and took a deep breath then walked towards them and asked:
"What are you guys talking about?"
"Nothing." Emma said, then continue on blabbering. "Not that we're not talking, of course we are, uh, I mean, we're talking but it's not about you. Not that I would talk behind your back, uh, I mean, I will stop talking now."

I fake a smile and just walked away, but Luke stopped me when he said:
"Andi, wait."
I turn around and asked: "what is it?"
"Let's have dinner after this competition, okay?"
"Sure thing, preppy. Let's." I smiled and walked over to my wits.

"Hey, Andi,"
I smiled and nodded at them, hoping that they wouldn't notice that I have something going on in my head
Suddenly, Aggy's fave from the TV appears as he continue to make his announcement.
"Attention, students, I've changed the test from the final exam, physically."
We're shocked.
"The guardians are going to be scattered in this big and wide maze and there will cameras around so we will know what's going on in the maze, if fail, you will magically appear back in the audience where you wait for the other guardians to come back. While the wits are going to have a dual with another wit that has different powers than theirs. Guardians will only bring three gadgets with them and the wits will choose only one person to coach them during the dual. That'll be all." He continued. "So I suggest for you all to get ready this afternoon, because the exam will start at exactly 12:45."

It's already 12:00, I have 45 minutes to get my gadgets, so I got the spell-o-binoculars, the amulet, and the magic muffler that Luke's uncle gave to me.
I put it all in my backpack.
I headed out the door with Kim once she's done choosing her gadgets.
"Andi, can we talk?" Emma said when I saw her out my door when I opened it.
I let her in and told Kim. "Kimmy, why don't you go ahead. I'll follow."
And she did as she slowly closed the door on her way out.
"Talk about what, Emma?"
"About you. me. and Luke."
I sigh deeply as I looked down and think that j know where this is going.
"Emma, it's okay, I already know."
"You do?" She said confused. "How?"
I sigh once more and explained. "A few days ago. I heard you and Luke talking."
"Talking about what, Andi?"
I stood up and looked directly in her eyes, saying. "I heard Luke told you that you should tell me about you wanting Luke to be your guardian."
"I never want Luke to be my guardian, Andi." She said, standing up.
"Then explain what I heard, if you don't want me to be your guardian."
"I- I can't." She stutter.
"It doesn't matter anyway, I have to go to he atrium."
"But that's not what I wanted to talk to you about."
"I don't want to hear it, Em," I said and walked away as I head to the atrium.
"Andi."

Once I got there, I was fixing my right boot with my hair all tied up. I saw Luke walking up to me and said:
"Hey, Andi,"
"Luke, hey," I said, stopping at fixing my boot as I stood up and asked. "So what brought you here?"
"I want to see you."
"For what?"
He gave away his hand to me and said: "may the best guardian win."
"Huh?" I'm confused.
"We may be two different people who likes each other and have the same goals and dreams, but I just want to point out that no matter what happens, no hard feelings?"
I gave my hand to him as I smiled and we both shook hands with a smile.
"Thanks, Luke, but I don't think that we have the same dreams and goals anymore."
"What do you mean?"
"You want to be Emma's guardian, right?" I asked.
"Of course, and so do you."
I took a deep breath and point out to him:
"Well, I no longer want to be Emma's guardian, not anymore."
"What?" He said. "What changed your mind?"
"What you said to Emma. That's what changed my mind." I said and walked away from him with a fake smile but it went away quickly when I walked right pass him and took a deep breath.
"But Andi-"
I ignore him and just continue to walk away to wherever place I can go, until I bumped into Cameron.
"Andrea Futura Doctora Cruz."
"Cameron, It's just Andi."
"Andrea Futura Doctora Cruz, where are you going at this time of hour?"
"Uh, I'm looking for something."
"Looking for what, Andrea Futura Doctora Cruz."
"It's just Andi!" I said in a loud voice then spoke in a low voice. "Uh, I'm just looking something."
"I'm glad that you caught at this time of hour anyway."
"You are?" I said, absolutely shocked.
"Yes." He stated. "I want to tell you something."
"What is it?" I asked.
"good luck on the crazy maze exam, Andrea Futura Doctora Cruz, you'll need it."
"Gee, thanks?" I said, then he gave away his hand to me and shook hands. "I guess."
I then walked away once he left my sight, then I looked at my watch that Luke gave me in our first month anniversary, since I kiss him after saving the tree, I don't even know me by he gave me a watch, well, I guess we're even since I gave him a photographic glasses that he probably wouldn't use. Anyway, it's almost 12:45, so I quickly ran to the field with the other students, who were already there. And I guess, I'm late in getting there.