nIne

"It's a clean break. You'll be in this boot for six weeks. I highly suggest getting home for the time being, but that's up to you. Medication for the pain will be prescribed, take two a day, one when you wake up another when you sleep. I don't think you'll need crutches, but if it's too much pressure go to your local hospital for a pair. Otherwise stay off your foot." The doctor finishes his lecture before writing my prescription and heads off.

The boys wait outside the hospital room. All except for CC, who's snoring away. Ella sits beside me. My eyes tear up once he closes the curtains.

"I know you and CC just basically broke up, but we need to get you home-."

"Spike doesn't want me anymore."

She groans. "Screw Spike, you'll stay at my place. I start work again in a weeks time. I have cable, you'll be fine for six weeks on my couch." My body shakes as I cry.

"I don't want to, damnit! CC and I are supposed to move into his house and I'm supposed to finally be happy. I'm tired of boyfriends who depend on alcohol." El strokes my hair as the band walks in. Andy sprints in, envelopes me in a hug, before I'm passed on to the next. And the next. And the next. My tears soak all their shirts. Each man smiles down at me. Their pajama pants and sweatshirts look absolutely ridiculous, but this is my family.

And fam sticks together.

"I'm gonna miss y'all," I sniffle. Jake pouts as he falls on my hospital bed.

"I don't want you to leave. We have a couple days left before we're back in Florida. We'll take care of you! CC-."

"Where the fuck is my girlfriend!"

"Sir, calm, what's her name?"

"I want to see my girlfriend."

"Sir-SIR? You cannot go in there!"

My curtain is ripped down. CC stands in the doorway. His eyes don't seem as crazy as earlier, but he's obviously not completely sober. He coos at the sight of me in Andy's arms.

"So this is why you don't love me. You're fucking Andy." My eyebrow raises.

"CC-." He cuts me off with a cringe.

"Don't call me that. You call me Christian."

"CC," I continue, "I'm going home." He pouts before taking the seat Ella once occupied. "Back to Florida. I'm sorry, but I can't stay." He looks around before bursting into laughter.

"Funny joke, Angel. But seriously, I love you. With all of my heart. I don't care if Andy's stealing you away. You're mine and always have. Don't leave me, please don't leave me." My heart jerks at the sight of the tears. "Me and you, in our little own world. . . right?" My eyes close as another tear falls.

He looks between me and Andy. "Right. . . ?" My chest rumbles as I try to hide my tears.

"Yeah," my voice cracks. "But we need a break. I need to think, you need to think."

"About what, damnit! I want to have babies with you. I don't care about anything except the fact you don't love me."

"I never-."

"If you want time, fine. Have fun in Florida." He stomps out, not before kicking the back of Andy's knee like a third grader, leaving a trail of the pieces of my heart behind.

➖✖➖

"Home sweet home!" Ella sighs. Her beautiful brown hair cascades down her back as she kicks her Nikes off and drops her suitcase by the door. I hobble to her couch and drop myself. My duffle bag rests beside her suitcase. "You hungry? I've always wanted a roommate to cook for!"

"No. . . just tired." She nods sympathetically, kisses my forehead goodnight, and pads to her bedroom. Her apartment is a one bedroom, one bathroom since her parents refused to help her since she refused to go to college. She's a barista at the local Starbucks. It's a boring job, she tells me, but it pays enough for the roof above her head. She's an aspiring artist with a giant easel in her room. I quickly change into a pair of yoga pants and a t-shirt. My hair is tied in a knot on my bed and my eyes close.

"Wake up! Look!" Ella screams as my eyes wake up. I rub the sleep away before my eyes fall on the television. TMZ is on and I gasp.

"Hahahaha! Have you heard, drummer of that one band went f*cking crazy when his hot girlfriend broke up with him!"

"How crazy? Britney crazy or Cruella crazy?"

"What does the puppy killer have to do with a drummer?"

"Anyway. . . he got drunk off his rocker and assaulted his fellow band member for supposedly making her not say she loves him back!"

I grab the remote and shut the shit off. Ella sits completely in shock. CC punched and broke Andy's nose! For me? Should I be flattered? I fall into my friend's arms and bawl. "Hush, Hun. CC just needs to get his shit straight."

"I'm crying because I love his stupid ass." She drops me with a dropped jaw.

"After he said all that shit to you, you still love him?" I shrug.

"We have something special. . . I guess me and him just need to realize that. I told Ash I loved him two months after we met. But when he said those words to me I froze. All I could think was that we're rushing. But in reality. . . I don't want him hurt. I killed Asher that day. . . I can kill CC just the same."

Ella delivers a harsh smack to my face. A mangled cry leaves my lips as I cradle my face. "What-!"

"You didn't kill Asher, the drunk driver killed him. You made him live, your love is what kept him alive. Without you, I think CC is nothing."

"Four months can do a lot, huh?" She smiles and stands up.

"Whatcha want for breakfast?"