fOuRteeN

"You look beautiful. I wish I had your curves, and your silky, long hair."

Backstage of the studio where the boys are currently being interviewed Ella Cole curls my hair. Having long hair is great when you know how to deal with it. She curls my hair and leaves them bouncing down my back. My makeup is somewhat more than what I usually wear; glossy pink lip gloss, liquid and powder foundation, a medium brown eye shadow to compliment my skin tone, and a swipe of blush on each cheekbone. My short body is clad in a sweetheart neckline dress. The hem reaches a little past mid thigh, my heels make my legs look slender: longer even.

We share a quick hug before I'm called onto stage. With my sweetest smile I bounce up the steps and find myself beside Christian. We share a quick peck, earning a large response from the crowd. The host, Miss Vikki, smiles and shakes my hand.

She's a beautiful woman with skin the color of coffee and eyes the same shade as honey. She's not the skinniest crayon in the box but her figure is one to kill for.

"Well, first of all, good morning Angel."

"Good morning."

She gives me a wide smile. "My first question, which is rather cheesy, is how long you two have been together." Christian and I share a look.

"About a year and two months," we speak simultaneously. We've been practicing that all night. Miss Vikki's smile brightens.

"Oh how cute! Okay, so. . . Angel! I've seen multiple pictures of you with about ten different hair colors." I blush slightly before clearing my throat.

"Um, yeah. I've been dying my hair since the age of ten when my parents first let me. The first colors I believe were lavender then gray. And recently I've done the black. It's something I do just for fun," I answer after a second. She chuckles before looking over at the crowd.

Christian takes my hand, which doesn't go unseen by Miss Vikki. "Alright, one more question for Angel before we move to CC. What is your natural hair color." I giggle and my head falls onto Christian's shoulder.

"I'm blonde." The entire room bursts into laughter. Christian chokes his laugh down. He must have so many blonde jokes to make about me, but I've heard them my entire life. Miss Vikki pats my knee before her attention is turned to my boyfriend.

"CC, drummer, how's life on tour? Actually, that is for both of you." We look at each other. I have so many things to say about tour, but me and him just share a sweet smile.

"Magical," we both say. Vikki coos and clasps her hands together. "Absolutely magical." He bends down to plant a small kiss on my lips. I giggle at the glossy print on his lips. I kitten lick my thumb and wipe it off. Our eyes lock for a second before his attention is back on the host.

The room is silent. It seems as though everyone was captivated in the single moment. That is before Vikki snaps out of if. She sets her clipboard on the small table beside her chair and grasps one of each of our hands into hers.

Her eyes look into ours. "I want the two of you to know that I just had the most intimate moment of my show's history this morning. Angel Black and Christian CC Coma. . . the two of you are magic." She lets our hands go and restarts her questions. It's the usual interview questions. How's the new album going? The movie! How are you coping with that? Who's your best friend out of the boys? One Direction or Bieber? What brand of condoms do you use? But then the atmosphere changes. Christian lets my hand go. "Alright, there's one more question, but it's not mine."

Christian stands up and tosses the crowd a wink. I hear Ella Cole scream backstage. I twist my body to see if she's alright. Her head pop from behind the curtains and she gives me a thumbs up. Once I face forward again my heart stops.

Christian rests on one knee, a shaky hand holding a ring. A ring with my name engraved around the band and a black diamond resting in the light. My head suddenly becomes very light because I start to wobble while sitting. Christian grins up at me, almost bouncing in excitement. My hand doesn't reach my mouth fast enough, letting my gasp echo throughout the quiet studio.

"Hi," he says. I giggle as tears gather in my eyes.

"Hi."

He blinks a few times, pushing tears of his own back. "As you know, I love you. Um. . . yeah. I kind of doesn't have a lot to say. Just that you're really pretty and I love you so much. It took you a good year to say it back but that's alright. It's just us against the world, right baby?" I quickly nod my head, but it won't stop. Without thinking I stand up. Walking to the edge of the stage I can hear Christian take in a breath. I kick my heels off. Hiking my dress up and I run. I launch myself into his arms. My legs wind themselves around his waist. "Will you marry me?"

I bury my head into his neck. I simply nod as I cry. I don't need to look to know the audience is standing, clapping, cheering. I don't need to look to see that as we walk backstage that Christian is getting pats on the back from the band. My head remains in the crook of his neck while he slips the ring on my finger. My head stays in place while Ella Cole slips my heels back on.

For the rest of the interviews I sit in Christian's lap, my head on his chest, gazing at the ring. It takes another hour and a half before we can get back to the bus. Ella Cole struts along the side of Jake. Ashley rambles on about how once we get married there will be crazy children running around. I refuse to let him go, so I'm hanging onto his back like a baby monkey. That is until a crowd of fan spots the bus. With the door locked we watch as they try to catch a glance of us.

I fall onto the couch. Andy takes the seat beside me. His elbow nudges me, making me look over at him. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just hoping my fiancé doesn't die."