twENTy thReE

"Can you explain why we're all in the same Skype call?" Sammi asks with her eyebrows pushed together. The other girls agree. I'm nearly jumping out of my skin.

Christian and the band are away recording and doing band stuff while I decided to stay home. Because I'm not feeling well. YAY NOT FEELING WELL.

"Guys, I'm not feeling well." Not a single one gets what I'm saying. Adrienne stands behind me slams the bedroom door behind her. It's only been a week since the wedding and she's getting ready to head back to Portland. She's really missing Demi.

Her eyes roll at the clueless women. "She's pregnant, are you guys blind? She's as pale as a sheet of paper." I cross my arms.

"Adrienne, I am not pale." I fall to my knees and let my stomach out in the trash can. I groan as I finish and pop a mint. The girls that are with me VIA laptop start squealing.

"Congrats, baby girl!" I spin around to see my dad. I smile slightly at him. Adrienne must have let him in.

"Thank you, Daddy." We share a hug before I tell the girls I must go. "Would you like something to eat?" A head pops through the doorway.

The woman with blonde hair grins at me. "I'm really craving some spaghetti." I raise an eyebrow at my father. He grins sheepishly down at me. I give him a 'WTF' look as I slip passed him to the kitchen. While the water boils on the fabulous new stove the couple speaks quietly.

When my throat clears, now that's when my father's googly eyes disappear. "Who the hell is this?" I snap. The woman's face twists in embarrassment. I quickly rephrase. "I'm sorry. Hi, I'm Angel Coma. And you are?" She shakes my hand, looking between Evan and I.

Her wide brown eyes look nervous. She plays with the straight hairs on her head. She's at least thirty five, I'll give her that. She's pretty, but why is she in my house, that's what I want to know. "DeAvion. I'm DeAvion, your father's girlfriend." Gross. "I'm half black and my father named me." Half black with blonde hair? Interesting. She does have some color to her.

Excusing myself back to the kitchen I add the pasta to the boiling water. Gross, my dad is dating. Dads shouldn't date. That's weird. Especially because I just met the guy. The front door opens and closes and I dash passed our guests to my husband. We meet with a big, fat kiss. I giggle when he spins me in his arms.

"I missed you," I squeal, wrapping my arms around his neck. He returns my hug just as enthusiastically.

"I missed you too, baby." I give him another kiss.

"I have a big surpr-."

My small falls when my dad walks into the room. He watches as my husband and I embrace. Christian lets one of his arms fall from me to shake Evan's hand. I pout, that arm should be on me. I snuggle to his chest as the two speak.

DeAvion comes into the small hall between the front door and the living room. Well now it's a big party. She taps my father on the shoulder. She says a few words before he announces they have to hit the road.

What about that pasta that bitch asked for?

I sigh once the door closes behind them. "How do you feel about pasta for lunch?"

➖✖➖

We lounge on the couch like the lazy sacks of potatoes we are. Tears rush down my face as Mufasa dies right in front of Simba. I bury my face in Christian's chest. His bare chest. Lots of cardio has been done, now we rest.

"Why?" My muffled yell says. "Why did the Atticus Finch of The Lion King have to die?" I just finished To Kill A Mockingbird last night. It was so amazing I wanted to cry.

Christian laughs as I cry. "What's wrong, princess? Got the menzies?" My head snaps up at his words. He's laughing so hard his face slowly is becoming a deep shade of red. Anger boils under my skin, evaporating all the tears that remained on my skin. His eyes become saucers when he spots my beyond infuriated facial expressions.

"It's not my fault!" I bellow so loud the windows shake. "I'm sorry that I'm like this. I'm sorry I'm fucking pregnant-." My words die right there. I don't think his eyes can get any bigger than they are right now.

We both scramble up from the couch, ignoring the baby lion's journey into the jungle. Christian stuggers back a little, trying to comprehend everything he's just heard.

My fingers tangle into my hair as I scold myself. "Damnit, I'm sorry. It wasn't supposed to-." My husband's lips slam onto mine. My finger detangle from my hair and rectangle themselves in his. His hands knead at my bottom as we furiously kiss each other.

My lips trail down to his neck. Christian's breathy moans are the sexiest thing I've ever heard. My legs wind around his waist.

"Round four?"

I lick my lips seductively. "Round four."