eiGhTEeN

"I miss you."

"Mhm."

"Why don't you visit?"

"No comment."

"Why did you call again?"

"Is Evan my dad?" The line is quiet. My mother is the most furiating woman on the face of the Earth. After exactly five minutes of listening to her ragid breathing she sighs.

She sighs four more times before speaking. "Evan is your father, but don't think I didn't keep you two in contact in purpose. It was for your protection."

"What exactly were you protecting me from?"

"He could have died! It seemed easier for you to never know him than know him and he dies, crushing you."

My eyes roll as I end the short call. Ella and Justin wait for me to finish getting ready. Without Christian around I'm constantly grumpy. He's my everything. Two more months before I'm married.

Weird. I never thought I'd marry so young, especially to a famous man. I never thought I'd love someone as hard as I do now. Weird.

Two more months before I'm Missed Christian Coma.

That's strange. Angel Black will be Angel Coma. Wow.

My godson sleeps peacefully in his carrier as Ella glares at me. "He's two months old but I can't hold this thing forever. C'mon, your wedding dress isn't going to pick itself."

➖✖➖

This gown is adorable. I can't deny it. But it's so blah. I love glitter, but this has not enough. I love my boobs, but this doesn't emphasis them. I'm all for a sexy, fitted dress, but this makes me look lumpy. Stripping from the gown I reach for the next one.

Once I look at it I nearly vomit. Why in the world would El think I want puffy sleeves? I am not a puffy sleeves girl! I toss that aside and put the next one on. Christian and I have decided I will be getting two dresses. One for the ceremony itself, the second for the reception.

The silk brushes my freshly shaved legs pleasantly. A small smile graces me as I exit the dressing room. El rocks Justin as he slumbers. Her eyes brighten at the sight of the dress.

It's a form fitting, silly gown. It pushes my bust up, and travels down my flat stomach to my short legs. Its sleeves are lace and it's simple but beautiful. It would need some alterations since the length is far too long, but otherwise it's great.

"So?" I ask Ella. "What do you think." She gives me her greatest smile, the one I'm sure she won Garrett over with. Her left hand softly taps Justin's bottom but she gives me a thumbs up.

My cheeks flush as I look in the mirror. "Yeah, I think so too." We both silently watch me twist and turn in the gown. Just the right amount of elegance, flows to where I don't trip, and my butt looks great. I may just lay off the Subway for a little, maybe losing a few pounds. "Do you think Christian will like it?"

Ella stands up and circles my body. "Oh yeah. You'll be impregnated within a month after the wedding. I will bet money." My cheeks redden as I burst into a fit of giggles. I switch out to a shorter dress. I don't hesitate and purchase both dresses. Both need minor alterations so I'll have to come back on a later date for that.

Ella and I find ourselves, with baby Justin, in a local baby store. I'm almost twenty three, engaged, off birth control, and shopping with my best friend who's a mom. It seems life is going well. That is until El grips my arm.

I'm about to ask what's wrong, but she hushes me. My eyes follow her finger to the curly haired woman. Sarah! I haven't seen Sarah Shoppe since the concert almost two years ago.

Almost two years ago. . . I met Christian two years ago, well pretty much. Almost two years ago I saw my friend Sarah happy and healthy.

Now her skin is a sickly white, her arms blotted with red dots. In those arms is a baby? Sarah had a baby? Beside her walks my brother who's speaking happily about something. She gives him soft smiles, as though she's in pain. My brother takes the baby from her arms and places a kiss on the child's, who seems to be a girl, forehead. Sarah places a large box in their shopping cart before her head turns in my direction. Her dark eyes meet mine in a confused gaze. Jeremiah follows. A smile blossoms on Sarah's face.

Ella gives me a worries look as the couple make their way over. Sarah immediately envelopes me in a hug.

"I'm so sorry for being, well, me," she starts, tears brimming her eyes. "I was going through a really hard time in my life when Jere and I broke up. But then I found out I was pregnant with our first and so we worked things out. Then right after our first I got pregnant again and had her. Drugs were a way for me to feel better, but I still took my anger out on you. Please forgive me."

"How were you pregnant twice?" Ella squeaks. "It's only been a year and like six months and you have two little ones."

Sarah and Jeremiah both blush a certain type of pink.

"Sarah was pregnant before you left," my brother spits out. These two have always fought, but somehow they work. At first I we skeptical of their on and off relationship, but the chemistry they have is undeniable. My head tips to the side.

Ella stalks off to find whatever we came here for but I can't leave them alone. My niece rests quietly in my friend's arms. She's gorgeous and when her eyes open it seems like she's gotten our family trait.

Purple eyes.

I smile down at the baby. Sarah squeezes my hand. "Her name is Angel. Our son's name is Felix." They named their daughter after me? "We thought because she looks so much like you. . ."

"Yeah," I mutter slightly. "I guess she does." Ella returns with her things in a bag. Before I bid a farewell I stop the couple. "Hey, would you guys like to come to my wedding? Invites have already been sent, but you guys are free to come. RSVP, yeah?" I turn to leave but spin once again. "Oh yeah, Jere, would you mind walking me down the aisle?"

"Oh-Uh-Gosh, yes!" He exclaims with a loopy smile. He presses a kiss to Sarah as I leave. Ella grips my arm with a strange look.

Her eyes widen in concern. "Are you sure you want them there? You haven't spoken to them in forever."

"Of course. That's my brother, my nephew, my niece, and basically my sister in law. Family is family through thick and thin."

"And your mother?" My back stiffens at the thought of the woman.

"I have no mother. She died when I was fifteen." Ella sighs her 'I'm Older Than You' sigh.

Her free hand drops to her hip sassily. "She kicked you out, it's not like she literally died."

"She's dead to me."