sevEnTeEN

Three weeks of home cooked meals for no one to eat. Three weeks of no company other then Ella. Three weeks of missing Christian. I hate when he's on tour, but it's his job. He always asks me to join. I know the guys need time alone, every guy does. Christian just doesn't get it. Poor boy, so clueless. Those guys are so CC deprived they're talking to themselves.

The loud blare of my phone jolts me awake. Notebooks, sketchbooks, pencils, fabric samples, and a passed out Ella all surround me. Quickly, I pick my phone up.

"What?"

"Two months." My heart melts at the sound of my Christian. From the background sound I can tell he's out. My smile falls when I realize he's talking to me instead of being with his best friends.

"Two months," I say back. "Why did you call when you're supposed to be having fun with your band mates?"

"They aren't you." I coo internally. Externally, I want to rant on about how he's supposed to have fun without me. "There's no fun here without my favorite black haired beauty." My hand literally falls to my fluttering heart. He must be drunk to be this romantic right now.

I rub the sleep from my eyes before responding. "Please have fun. The time will go by faster." He sighs but agrees none the less. After a dew minutes of mindless chatting I hang up. I fall back onto the couch. A few sketchbooks fall off but I shrug it off. My eyes fall to my best friend. Her head is leaning back as her body is stretched as much as possible across the love seat. Drool pools on the arm rest and her hands clutch a pencil while a notepad rests on her chest. Her brown curly hair flies everywhere.

Wow she's an ugly sleeper.

I toss my shoe at her. "Hey, wake up." She jolts awake. Her eyes are wide and she looks around the room in alert. Her eyes narrow in me before she jumps on me like a monkey. Her hands tangle in my hair.

"You scared me, bitch." I giggle and push her away. We both roll off the couch. She lands on a pack of pencils while I land on top of her. She screeches in pain before she quickly pushes me off. Her eyes go wide as she scrambles to collect her stuff. "I forgot to tell Garrett I slept over
Oh god he must be-." Before she finishes talking she grabs her shoes and runs out of my house barefoot. My eyes roll as I kick all of the wedding stuff to the side.

"Breakfast!" I chirp and skip to the kitchen. I toss a few eggs on a hot skillet. I whistle while dancing around the kitchen. Once the eggs are done I throw them on a plate. A few rasps on the door have me glaring at the object. I was about to start eating, damn door. I stomp over to the door. Swinging it open I come face to face with an older looking man. "Who are you?" He smiles, showing a perfect pair of white teeth.

"Are you Angel Black?" His eyes look me up and down before returning to my face. My cheeks flush at the fact that I'm wearing a pair of fluffy sleep shorts with unicorns on them and one of Christian's t-shirts. Gotta sleep in what you got, right? I nod. "Wonderful! I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Randy Evan Black."

"Are you a long lost uncle? Or maybe a cousin?" I question. The man's eyebrows raise at my questions.

"No," he says slowly as though I'm the slow one. "I'm your father. Your mother has never talked about me?" I blink a few times before bursting into a fit of laughter. He stares at me like I've grown a second ass on my stomach. Laughing so much causes cramps in my stomach but I can't stop. He actually thinks I talk to my mom. . . hahaha. "Was it something I-."

As my laughter calms down I cut him off. "I haven't spoken to my mother since I graduated high school three years ago." His eyes widen at the information. "She wasn't one to speak anyway. As you may know, when I turned ten she got involved with a drug dealing business. It only got worse as I got older." He stares at me. I smack my forehead. "I'm sorry, come in."

He follows me inside. I finally notice how messy the place is. And it seems he notices too. "Wow, nice place you got here."

My cheeks blaze up. "Sorry about the mess. I've been busying myself with wedding plans." The man who claims to be my father looks at me up and down before his hands land on the big rock on my finger.

"I wasn't informed you were engaged." I scratch my head and just shrug. I mean to people who don't listen to the type of music my finacé makes my engagement is nothing. "Does Jeremiah know this mysterious finacé?"

I hesitate. "They met briefly last year, before he and I started dating." I stop talking as I make my way back to the dining table where my food is. Evan follows. "I don't want to sound incredibly rude, but why are you here?" A giggle escapes somewhere while I speak. Evan takes a seat across from me.

He clears his throat. His pants crinkle against the chair as he fidgets. "Your birthday is coming up and I was told you lived here. I just came back from Pakistan and your mother refuses to call me back."

"Hmm." I hum to acknowledge his words but I'm gobsmacked. I have no idea what to say to my father. I haven't seen the man since I was six or so. I finish my small breakfast. Once the plate is washed and put to dry I turn back to my father. "I'm actually going to go out to start my wedding present list thingy. . ."

"Oh, I can leave. . ."

"No!" I shout as he spins around. He freezes so I continue speaking. "I was inviting you to come with me." I giggle when he fist punches the air, smooths his hair over, and shrugs. Telling him to wait a few minutes I run to my room, change, and tell Evan the store is a two minute walk.

With a store gun in hand I scan the tag of the things I need, and want, for presents. Usually the bride and the groom would do this together, but since the groom is out on tour the bride is left to do everything.

Evan scans my head a few times, causing me to burst into a fit of giggles. I pull the man into a hug and make a mental note to call Mom.