tweNty sIX

The group crowds around the newest member of our big family. Ella Cole is too afraid to touch him, claiming she's afraid she's hurt him. Andy holds up under his arms, until he starts crying and he's handed over to me.

Three months pregnant and has a newborn. Okay.

Juliet is the first to hug me. "Congratulations, Angel. I'm happy for you and CC." A chorus of agreement fills my ears. Everyone is dressed up-- the women in dresses and the men in their tuxedos. The black baby bag Sammi ran out and bought me clashes with the formality of my outfit, but I'm thankful for the last minute errands people are running for me.

Jinxxie follows and envelopes me, baby and all, into his arms. Christian pulls me away. "I've picked Ashley to be Liam's godfather."

"Me?"

"Liam?" Ashley and I yell at the same time. Christian grins down at me. Sure, I agreed Ashley would be the godfather just to piss Andy off, but since when did we name him Liam.

"It's cute, like his mom." I scrunch my nose up at his cheesy words of endearment, but he places a kiss on it anyway.

"Okay, yes, his name is Liam." Juliet squeals loudly, in horror not excitement. "What's-."

"Thirty four minutes before the premiere!" Christian and I are the last out the house. I seamlessly buckle Liam into his seat before taking mine up front.

The ride is quiet for a few minutes before I grip Christian's free hand. Our fingers intertwine as Liam remains quiet in the back. My free hand rests on my bulging stomach. "Do you think we can really do this? Two babies only six months apart?"

My husband smiles down at me as we approach the crowded hotel the showing is going to be in.

"I think we can. Liam will be six months by the time I have to leave for the summer, sure you'll be very late in this pregnancy, but Ella Sam can help. Sarah, you brother too. I have faith in you, Angel." We lean over the console to share a quick kiss. He stops the car in the reserved parking. Andy and Juliet walk arm and arm to the red carptet.

I take a deep breath. Liam is in a tiny baby suit and I giggle at his drowsy facial expression. We don't have a stroller, but I don't mind holding him in a bundle of blankets.

The blinding cameras are the first things I see. Christian wraps an arm around my waist. With Liam wide awake against my chest and my stomach proudly on display the paparazzi is in full swing.

Questions are tossed our way, about the wedding, about the bundle in my arms, about my pregnancy. Not many on the music, but some here and there.

Soon enough everyone is in their seats and the room darkens.

➖✖➖

Liam's crying comes to a stop when the bottle is put into his mouth. Several high end women come to congratulate Christian and I, or to just meet the mysterious rock band that appeared. Falling In Reverse never showed, but that didn't stop the after party.

Ashley is trying to lay a girl, Andy and Juliet are dancing (Juliet is forcing poor Andy to dance), Jinxx and Sammi are taking shots at the open bar, Jake and Ella are talking with the starts of the movie, leaving Christian at the buffet table.

The table I'm at with Liam is empty, but I don't mind while he rests. It's been a long day and it's nearly 3 AM. His feedings done and he's back asleep. Thankfully he slept through the movie, only to wake up right after to be changed and fed.

I know Christian doesn't want to leave, but it's time for me and Liam to hit the sack at home.

Christian calls me a limo and I'm back outside with my son. The paparazzi remain outside. I stop at one from NBC news. The woman obviously didn't expect me to stop to say something.

"This is going to be live tomorrow, yes?" I ask as sweetly as I can. She answers with a nod. Well with that. . . "I just want to say-- thank you, Chloe."

➖✖➖

After hours of trying to get Liam asleep he finally closes his eyes. Christian gets up at noon with a killer hangover. I stroke his stubbly face. "Wake up, baby." A groan what I get in response. "Christian if you don't get up I will push Liam's dirty diaper into your face." His left eye cracks open.

"Fuck you."

"When and where?"

He sits right up. He groans at his headache but captures my lips in a kiss anyway. I push him right away so I can stand off the bed. I hand him a plate of eggs and french fries, a few pills, and a glass of apple juice.

"Drink up, eat up, and I'll go check on Liam." As I turn to leave Christian calls after me. "Yes, baby?" His lovely smile greets me.

"I love you, Angel Coma."

My heart flutters at his sweet words. "And I love you."

"You're an amazing woman and I'm lucky to call you my wife."

"No need to flatter. I'm already pregnant."