Tension

~Louis' POV~

                                              "OH. MY. GOD. DAD!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!? IT'S LOUIS. AS IN LOUIS TOMLINSON. AS IN LOUIS THE TOMMO TOMLINSON. AS IN MY HUSBAND, THE ONE I LOVE! IT'S HIM! OH. MY. GOD!" She was about 11 or 12 years old, wearing skin-tight jeans that seemed impossible to even put one leg in and a pink crop top that showed her belly ring. At any other time, I would make some kind of joke about this, but right now, she was full on sprinting towards me.

Startled, I let out a high-pitched shriek and started to run down the otherwise deserted sidewalk. She latched herself onto my leg and held on tight, causing me to fall. Then everything went black.

                                               ~Cat's POV~

                   "Can I help, guys? I probably know the way around this city way better than you guys." I said as they all started making a search plan. "NO!" Liam and Harry shouted at the same time. I shrank back, a little offended. "Sorry." I muttered. "No, I'm sorry. We're just kind of stressed out." Liam said.

"Let her come guys." Steph said. "Do you really think that'd be a good idea? You don't know how he'd react if he saw her." Harry said. "Maybe he'd come back for her though." Steph said. They had one of those couple stare-downs(Steph informed me of their relationship when we were catching up), before Harry relented.

"Okay, so how about Steph and me search Highland park and the nearby streets while Niall and Zayn search the restaurants nearby the club. Scratch that, Liam and Zayn since Niall will get distracted by the food. Cat and Niall can search the outskirts of town." Harry said, taking charge. I had never seen him so serious (on TV or in the video diaries of course). Louis was his bestfriend, though.

"What about me?" Maddie asked. "Do you think you could stay in our hotel room in case he comes back, if you don't mind?" Liam asked. "Of course!" She said and Harry handed her a key. "Let's roll." Harry said, putting on his shades. I tried not to laugh at how spy-like he looked and sounded like.

~~~~~

The outskirts of town were pretty much barren, (Woah, I used a big word while self-narrating! Well... I guess it's not that big...) with a road that stretched on and on, leading out of town. There was a tiny dog park nearby that had a few people and a few shops. We walked into a costume shop and asked around, with no luck. We were almost out of shops to look in when I saw a little barber shop with a man asleep at the window.

"Um, excuse me." I said and he jolted up. "Sorry, how may I help you?" "We were wondering if you saw a friend of ours, about this tall----" Niall continued on with the description, while I glanced around the street.

"I did see a young man walking about a few hours ago. He seemed kind of glazed and angry and I didn't get much of a glance at him, but he sounds kind of like you described. I only noticed him because not many people come round here. He was heading down the sidewalk out of town." The man said.

"Thanks." Niall flashed him a smile before grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the shop. "Niall, it was hours ago, he'd be long gone by now. I'm sorry." I said, tenderly, putting my hand on his arm. His smile deflated and he slumped down. He was about to say something, but instead closed his mouth angrily, and walked in the direction of the dog park. I don't know why, but I got the sense that he was blaming me. Um, okay.

~~~~

The next few hours went without luck. We had all met back up at their hotel room this time. Everyone seemed convinced that he hadn't gone out of town and he wouldn't do that. I seemed to be the only one to think that if he really was angry and dazed, he probably wasn't thinking where he was going. He probably left without knowing.

"Guys, I think we should follow the sidewalk out of town." I suggested once again and this time, they finally looked at me. "This is your fault." Harry said angrily. I just stared at him. "If you hadn't been such a.... if you hadn't kissed that guy then---" He hissed at me, but I cut him off, "I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about and I'm really sorry that you can't find your friend, but if you even think that there's any blame that you can put on me, you must be frickin' mental. I was just trying to be nice by helping you guys, but I don't know you."

"Yeah, you do, in fact. And this is your fault. You couldn't hold yourself back and you just had to be a little---" Harry's voice raised but Liam cut him off this time. "Shut up, Harry."

I stepped closer towards Harry. "Screw. You." I pronounced with a pause between the words. "I'm sure as hell glad that I don't know you." He took a step back, seeming surprisingly hurt by my words, but I didn't stick around to question it.

I'm going to find their friend, and see if they can blame me then.