Hospitals and Memories

Yeah, This chapter may seem kind of cliche for a reason that you'll soon see, but it's fiction. As in a fictional story that is made up so it doesn't have to be completely realistic. WARNING: ITS A SUCKY CHAPTER!!!

                                  ~Cats POV~

I woke up to a beeping sound, and no i didn't think it was my alarm clock like all stories said, i could recognize it as a heart moniter in a hopsital. What did confuse me, was how i got here. No memories came rushing back to me as i stared at the dull white walls.

"Oh good! You're awake. You gave your mother quite the scare!" A doctor said, walking into the room. "...Huh?" I said.

"Do you remember at all, what happened?" He asked. I searched my memory again but couldn't come up with anything that would lead me to the hopsital. I shook my head and he wrote something down on his clipboard.

"Do you remember your name?" He asked. "Catherine." I said. "Last name?" "Green."

"Do you remember the name of your mom?" He asked. "Monica." I said.

"What's the date?" He asked. I paused. "September 9th, 2009." I responded. He raised his eyebrows but said nothing and instead, kept writing on his clipboard. "Age?" "16."

He asked me a few questions before leaving the room, saying he'd be right back.

~3rd POV in the hospital waiting room~

Monica waited anxiously in the waiting room for news of her daughter. She had already planned on leaving in a couple days to America for her move, but as soon as she heard the call, she rushed down here.

All her luggage and stuff were being shipped down on a later flight and Daniel, her boyfriend, was going to pick her stuff up. The place that they were going to live at was in Florida.

The door opened and Dr. Meyer came in. "Well, she's awake." He said and I was instantly relieved. I knew there was going to be a downside, but i was just glad she was awake. "But her memory only goes up to September 9th, 2009. When she was 16 and still in high school." He said and she slowly sunk down into her seat.

"She's suffering from memory loss because her head was the first thing to hit the ground in the car accident. Frankly, she's lucky she is alive. The memories should come back but they could take up to 6 months. She's not going to remember any friends she made during that time or any things that she did. I strongly suggest that you don't tell her any of the things that have happened besides what she needs to know. Her mind needs time to take on the memories on her own and if you tell her too many things, she might feel overwhelmed and her mind might shut down and block off the memories, for good. You can tell her that she got in an accident and you can tell her the date, her age, and where she is going right now, but you cannot tell her anything else. I suggest you change her phone number, so none of her past friends can call her. I know that might seem harsh to you, but imagine how confused she'd be if she answered a phone call from a friend that she didn't remember." He continued talking.

"You can see her now." He said and she rushed into her daughter's room. "..Mom?" Catherine asked, and Monica rushed over to hug her. "What happened?"

"Oh, sweetie. You got in a car accident." "But this doesn't look like the hopsital up in London."

"It's not. You're in America." Her mom said slowly. Catherine looked shocked.

She explained as best as she could to her daughter that she had been on her way to Princeton and she had gotten in a car accident. She mentioned that she had lost her memory but assured her that it would come back in time.

After a while, she was asked to leave so that Catherine could rest. She went out into the waiting room and remembered something. She called Stephenie and waited. "This number is currently unavailable." She heard and hung up, upset. She didn't have any other way to contact Stephenie right now.

Her phone started ringing and she answered to the sound of Daniel's voice. She soon forgot about informing Stephenie as she discussed arrangements with her boyfriend.

~Cat's POV~

I watched as my mom left the room. I was slightly in shock, still. I had gotten in an accident and had memory loss? What had happened during those years? I felt horrible, having this empty gap in my life. My mom told me that she had moved in with a boyfriend and that they were living in Florida. I couldn't even recall meeting this boyfriend.

She wouldn't tell me anything else about my past. I desperately wanted to call Stephenie but when i had tried on the hopsital phone (my phone broke in the crash), she didn't answer. Had she changed it during the years that i was forgetting about?

I couldn't believe i was already going off to college. This all felt like a dream that i was going to wake up from.

The doctor told me that i was going to need physical therapy for a week or two to make sure that my body is functioning properly. He had already informed the school of what had happened and they were very accepting.

But i wasn't. I wanted to know what had happened in my life. I wanted to know if i had made any other friends or if i had ever gotten a boyfriend. I wanted answers. But no one was willing to give them to me.

Ik, ik, it's a sucky chapter but i needed to get it done! :P