Chapter 3

Since I had never been in Austin before, Joe decided that it was a good idea to go do something fun on the Wednesday afternoon but I had the feeling that 'having fun' was their way of taking my mind of off my nerves. So that's how Matt, Joe and I ended up in the zoo.

Currently I was watching the tigers. I adored tigers, I loved feline animals in general though.

"You always were a cat person." Matt said as he stood beside me.

"They are independent, vicious, graceful, beautiful and everything I would hope to be."

"In wrestling you mean? Well you'll never know until you get there Raych"

I nodded in response. "To be completely honest, I just can't help but feel like an ugly, dull, grey mouse sometimes. Like I'm invisible to everyone except a few people."

"Are you crazy, you're not a dull, grey mouse. You're amazing, everyone that knows you can testify to that."

"Thanks, let's hope you're right."

"Bro!" Matt called Joe over.

"What's up?"

"Raychel believes she's an ugly dull, grey mouse and that she's invisible to most people."

"Why? You're the best Raych everyone knows that."

"Really, you think so?"

"Of course, you're badass, funny, smart and honestly the best friend someone could wish for."

I know he had meant to be sweet but somehow that last comment stung a bit. I thought I was fine with being just friends....... Alright fine, I may have been okay with it, but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt.

"Thanks." I mumbled in reply.

"Don't be sad, let's go have more fun." Matt suggested, completely missing the reason why I had gotten so down in a matter of seconds. I was glad about it too, he couldn't question the things he hadn't noticed.

"Yes please." I nodded in agreement before dragging the guys along to go see some more animals.

-

The time went by pretty fast because of all the fun and before I knew it I was waiting in front of Stephanie McMahon's office, waiting for the meeting that would be starting in a bit. I was sitting in a chair, tapping my foot nervously as I waited to be called inside.

A woman with long brown hair and brown eyes opened the office door after a few more minutes and walked towards me. "Hello you must be Raychel, Joe has told me all about you I'm Stephanie."

"Nice to meet you Mrs. McMahon". I replied politely.

"Please call me Stephanie, Mrs. McMahon is my mom and it's nice to meet you too." Stephanie walked back to the office as I followed her. "Unfortunately Paul can't make it, I hope you don't mind."

"No of course not, I understand."

Due to my nerves I wasn't sure whether to just sit down or not.

"You can sit down if you want to, you don't have to be so nervous" Stephanie said as if she could hear my thoughts.

"How did you know what I was thinking about?" I asked curiously while sitting down.

"Most people think like that when they have a meeting with me. Usually it's because of how I portray myself on the show but all of that is just acting. I'm not really that bad. But let's talk about you now. Joe told me about your talent for wrestling and said that you wanted a try out" Stephanie began to talk "Now I've known Joe and his family for quite some time and I trust them but I can't exactly just hire you on the spot. Not when he also told me that you haven't really been trained, something that could be very risky as many things can go wrong."

"I know I still have a lot to learn and I'm really trying to get it as quickly as I can but Joe and Matt think I can pull it off and they were never wrong before" I said.

"I hope that their opinion isn't making you overconfident though. Mind I ask about why and how you got into wrestling so sudden?" Stephanie asked, obviously curious about it.

I guessed that I'd best be honest to my potential future boss even though I was pretty sure that that probability would become a whole lot less after my explanation.

"Everything we discuss in here will be confidential." Stephanie reassured me.

"Okay well it started a little over a month ago..." I started to explain the story, I even told her about the feelings that I've had for Joe for years. "So you see I might not have liked wrestling but I do like my training so far, I might have started this for him but now I kind of want to finish this for myself as well.

Stephanie let me finish my story, never interrupting me and only nodding a few times.

"I think I understand." she nodded once I was finished.

"You know the truth now but I'm afraid that my reasons aren't important enough." I said a little sad about it.

"Look Raychel it might not be ideal that you started out for the reason why you did but the thing I respect most in a person is honesty. The fact that you are honest about why you started to do this tells me that you are brave. Bravery is a key ingredient to make a good wrestler. You can't get scared in that ring. You have character and I like that, the only other thing I need to see from you now is talent. Oh and even if your reason isn't ideal, I do really like that you willing to go this far for him. You should know that a lot can happen because of this business. If it wasn't for this business, I wouldn't be married to Paul after all."

"So does that mean..." I started but Stephanie had cut me off before I could finish my sentence.
"Like I said, the only thing missing is that I need to see your level of talent. Only if you can prove to me that you are good in the ring I will offer you a contract."

"Okay, so how do you want me to prove myself."

"I'd need to see you have a match but the thing is that we won't have time to do one before the show anymore so I guess you'll have to do it on air."

"How do you mean?"

"Well I want you to take on Dana Brooke live at NXT tonight. I don't know if you've heard about her but she shouldn't be underestimated. She's very strong and athletic. Now believe me if I'd think that you couldn't pull it off, I wouldn't let you prove it on the show. It's a big risk though, you can't mess up."

"Alright, I won't disappoint you." I nodded, agreeing to her suggestion

"I really hope you won't." Stephanie smiled before dismissing me.

As I went back to find Joe and Matt I couldn't help but have a big smile on my face. That had gone way better than what I'd expected