chapter 13

It was WWE Fastlane, the last pay per view before WrestleMania. Of course, I had a match against trinity. The guys would be on ringside with me just like Stuart and Colby would be at Trinity's side.

"Good luck out there." Rebecca said as she walked to the gorilla with me "And don't get too distracted. Focus on yourself out there "

"Thanks, I will. Or at least I will try." I replied to her, knowing it was easier said than done.

"Are you ready to do this?" She asked just to be sure as it was almost time for me to go on.

"Yeah, I think I am." I tried assuring myself more than her. This was it. It was time to show to myself who I was fighting for.

-

I couldn't believe it. I lost the match. Why did I lose the match? I was so focused on myself and my opponent as I didn't want Joe's presence to distract me. All these thoughts were circling in my head and I didn't know how to untangle this web of thoughts and emotions anymore.

I couldn't do this any longer, so I made a decision. I knew what I needed to do, what I had to do. I needed to stop putting him first, it was time to put myself first.

I knew Byron, one of the people who interviewed the wrestlers, probably would want to speak to me after my loss anyway and I was right.

"Raychel, do you have a few minutes?" He asked me once I walked past the interview area

"Yeah sure." I replied as I was still lost in thought. I really hoped I was about to do the right thing.

"After weeks of going up against her, you've lost for the first time against Naomi tonight. How are you holding up?" He asked

"Well, there is a first time for everything so I hope that the fans will forgive me for this one loss. I haven't really been myself tonight and I just feel like I'm stuck in my head." I started to explain. "I guess lately I've been so focused on the team that I forget to focus on myself. I lost track of what or who I was fighting for. Guys I guess you are watching, I'm sorry to tell you this but I have to refocus on myself for a while. I can't do this whole team thing anymore."

"That is quite the shocking development, are you sure about taking some distance from Dean and Roman?" Byron asked curious

"Yeah, I need to sort some things out and I have to do it on my own." I answered. "Besides, I have known those guys long enough that they can handle Rollins and Barrett as long as Naomi is still focused on me. Even if I have to sort things out on my own, I still have complete fate in those guys."

"Well thank you for your time." Byron said before leaving me alone.

-

I decided to skip showering and just do that once I got back to the hotel. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible as I didn't feel like explaining myself to everyone.

"You know, that wasn't in the script." Stephanie spoke as she started to walk alongside of me.

"I know, but I'd rather face Trin on my best and I can't do that if I don't refocus." I explained as best as I could, knowing that at least Stephanie of all people should be aware of what I did. "Subconsciously, working with him is affecting me somehow so it's for the best if I take my distance."

"And you're sure that this is the right way?"

"Nope but it's the best way I could think of" We were almost at my car and I could already see that, as expected, Joe was waiting for me. To say that he didn't look happy would be an understatement.

"I'll leave you to it then." Stephanie noticed as well and decided to give me some space.

I knew I owed the guys an explanation but I couldn't give it to him. Not now, not today.

"Can you be so polite to tell me why you just basically quit this storyline?" Joe asked.

"Joe I can't, not now. It's too complicated. I'm trying to sort out the mess in my head and I need to do it alone" I said hoping he would leave it alone.

"Fine, I'll let it rest for now but I won't leave it alone completely Raych." Joe said like he could read my mind. "We're best friends and I refuse to let you go through whatever this is on your own."

I didn't reply, I just got in my car and drove away from the arena I needed a shower and I needed to be alone.

-

After a while, Rebecca came back from the arena as well. I was rooming with her so it had only been a matter of time before my alone time had ended

"How are you feeling?" Rebecca asked once she had entered the hotel room. "Are you holding up okay?"

"Yeah, I'll manage." I said not very convincing before saying what was actually on my mind now. "You should have seen the look on his face becks, he was so disappointed in me. Not only for quitting the team without talking to him first but also because he feels like I should be letting him have my back with whatever is bothering me. I can't do that Becks, I'm not ready to open that can of worms just yet"

"I know it's hard but for now, just relax and get your mind off of it." Rebecca tried to comfort me.

"How? We will have to work tomorrow." I reminded her. "People will want to know and I'm bound to get at least some questions."

"I know but we'll figure it out Raych, why don't you go on a little trip after tomorrow's show?" Rebecca suggested. "I'm sure Stephanie wouldn't mind."

"Do you think Evy and Matt would mind if I visited them?" I asked.

"No of course not why would they mind seeing you?" Rebecca tried to assure me.

"Well, he is still Joe's brother but you're probably right. Matt and Evy have always been my biggest support when I'm in trouble. But could you come with me as well?" I asked her. "I have a feeling I'm going to need as much friends as possible"

"Course I'll come. I got your back." Rebecca said smiling.

Okay, just one more day. I kept telling myself that over and over in an attempt to calm myself. After tomorrow I would be with my best friends and I had the feeling that I was going to need it.

__________

Just wanted to remind you all that I wrote this story for the first time years ago so the story takes place years ago as well. At this point in time, Byron was still just a backstage interviewer instead of the commentator that he is today.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter❤️