chapter 16

The Monday before WrestleMania arrived and tonight, I had no choice. I had to show up. I had been gone for too long and Stephanie had really already stretched my time off as long as possible.

I was thankful for her. She tried her hardest and had been nothing but good to me since I first started so when she called me to come back, I couldn't say no to her.

I wasn't sure I was ready yet but luckily my opponent for tonight wasn't as tough as Trinity. My opponent for tonight was Danielle Moinet better known as Summer Rae.

I just hoped tonight turned out better than the last time I was on Raw.

Someone knocked on my door. I wondered who it was considering Rebecca still had the night off. "Come in."

The door opened and Jon walked in "I am so glad to see you."

"Jon." I was relieved to see him. I had grown very fond of him as a friend and I was glad to see that he still seemed okay with me.

"Are you okay?" He hugged me tightly as I stood up to greet him.

"Not really but I'm glad to see you're not mad at me." I let out a relieved sigh as I hugged him back. "Would hate to lose you as a friend."

"Of course, it was wrong of him to pressure you like that. I would have probably snapped as well if it had been me." Jon said with a smile.

"Believe me, it was really hard for me to leave the team." I really felt guilty about that.

"I know I could see that." He said smiling. "You just needed a break from that mess I expect is in your head, I know it wasn't personal. Now cheer up, as you can see you didn't lose your lunatic brother."

"Thanks Jon, you're the best." I said returning his smile. "But tell me, what did I miss?"

"Well." Jon hesitated. "After you did what you did that Raw Joe was angry. Angry is an understatement actually. Before you ask, no he wasn't pissed at you. He was mad at the entire situation."

I nodded and let him continue his story.

"When I saw him again on Smackdown he seemed really worried. He asked me if you had been in touch with me since he couldn't reach you. He wanted to go home to check if you were there but decided to call first. When Matt insisted that you weren't there he panicked. About two weeks ago he said he needed a few days off. I haven't heard from him since."

"I think I need to make a call." I said as I started to panic a little. I felt sick, this had all been my fault

"I think you that you should just focus on tonight. Let Joe figure things out. Even though he can be an idiot at times, he's still a smart guy. He'll be fine." Jon reminded me.

"Okay that's true." I admitted. "And yeah, I should focus on tonight."

"So do you need help out there tonight?" Jon asked. "Just in case?"

"No, it's okay, I'll manage." I replied.

"Raych, you should learn to accept help every once in a while. You're not going to make it if you shoulder everything all on your own." Jon said "I know you can take care of yourself but just in case I'll be on commentary tonight."

"You're crazy." I said laughing. "But once again you are right, I shouldn't take on all the problems all on my own."

"Well, what can I say. They call me lunatic fringe not a dumb idiot." Jon joked.

"Well lunatic, let's get our asses to the gorilla then." I chuckled before turning sincere "And thank you."

"For what?" He asked curious. "What did I do?"

"For believing in me." I explained

"Raychel we are friends, you are probably one of the best friends I have. Of course, I believe in you. How couldn't I?" He replied. "I'll always have your back. Now, ready to go out there and kick some butt?"

"I don't know if I am but I do know that I'm happy you will be out there with me."

"You know, you should stop being so pessimistic, it doesn't suit you." Jon said.

"Thanks for the warning I just don't feel optimistic at all." I shrugged. It was the truth. I didn't feel optimistic at all. I was worried about Joe.

"Well, I hope you will be optimistic again soon." Jon replied smiling. "You never know what could happen during Mania season."

"Yeah, I hope so too." I really was hoping that everything would be okay again soon enough.

"It will all turn out fine." Jon said as if he could read my mind.

"Let's hope so."

We had arrived at the gorilla by now and now it was just a matter of waiting for my cue to go out there. I was nervous to see how the crowd would react.

Jon was going out first since he was on commentary "Okay, I'll see you out there sis, good luck."

I smiled in reply as I watched him go out. He sat down with commentary like he owned the commentary table now.

Soon enough I got my cue and my own theme hit. The cheers from the crowd were unexpected to me but immediately helped me to relax a little. I still felt anxious being here but it felt also really natural to be here again.

The energy of the crowd, the rush of walking down the ramp. It all made me feel a little better. I guess that even if things between Joe and I would never be the same again. I would always be thankful to my Samoan friends.

After all, thanks to them I was now doing something that I loved to do, even if I hadn't expected that to be the case at first.