Chapter 1

"Oi! You dropped something Lydia!" Logan yelled after me as I walked out of the classroom from being dismissed from Literature class.

I turned around to greet him putting on a fake smile.

"Hey you dropped your book" He handed my medical science book from my last class. Taking it with my free hand as I managed to carry two bags at the same time. My book bag and my duffle, my soccer bag was heavier but I still managed.

I joined the team again after I came back for the new year of school after spending time in the Hamptons with the family.

I told them on the phone then I explained it to them in person... no one was mad at me at all...

Apparently, my aunts, Lala and Laura had the same health problem like me and I guess it passed down..to me.

Mum and everyone else had their moments with me while I was there. Except for my own Father...he didn't even want to look at me..as if I was the one who killed my baby. As if it was all my fault, he looked at me with disgust every time he saw me. He acted like I was some kind of creature lurking around posing as his daughter. It made me resent him more than I possibly could.

I got even closer to everyone except my father.

Me, Michael, and Emilio got together like old times, camping out in the garden, sneaking junk food, playing matches of football, and being silly as kids again. It made me feel safe and warm inside just doing stuff like that, being a kid for once, not knowing anything about the world but just being pure and innocent. The sticky gooey hands of marshmallow on my fingers as we stayed around eating smores and confessing deeds with have done. Running through the green hedge mazes with the alluring smell of sweet cut green grass. The escaping giggles and childish laughter of sneaking around doing mischievous doings. The sweat and passion of playing a good match of soccer as I laughed in Michael's face as he lost every match being a horrible sport. Just all of it made me feel a bit better about my soul, it was like I was cleansed of all the bad and sin in me.  

I buried the necklace and ring deep in the gardens that He bought for me....it felt like the necklace was strangling me to death every moment I wore it. The feeling of the tight metal choking the air out of me as the guilt engulfed me furthermore into an awful bit of pain I didn't want to be reminded of Harry at all.

"Thanks, Logan, and come by in the next term? I really need help with this class" he agreed and walked off.

I heard my phone vibrate in my skinny jeans. Taking the phone out a groaned as I read the text from my coach.

Mind taking care of Katherine for tonight? Tonight me and Charlottes anniversary? Ok. Ha you have no choice -.-

I was still walking and laughing at my coach's sick humor, I walked out the door to the parking lot as I saw someone I have been looking forward to seeing all day.

"Hey babe" Zayn flashed me a beautiful smile showing his gorgeous teeth for me.

"Hey" I cupped my hands on his face as I gave him a lingering passionate kiss. He kissed me back with the same passion.

Me and Zayn have been secretly dating since February of this year, we didn't tell anyone else except Liam, Louis, and Niall....we were just too afraid to tell Harry the truth. I haven't seen him since I was lying in that hospital bed. When I came back for my fall semester of college after that summer Zayn was always there, he was there holding my hand when I went to my first appointment of therapy. He was there when I needed someone to talk to and he was always there when I felt unsafe. Zayn is always here for me.

"Ready to go?" he grabbed my duffle bag helping me out as he grabbed my hand.

"Yeah, but we are on babysitting duty" he shrugged and seemed to like the idea of looking after Katherine. He always played with the 8 month-year-old while I was at practice or having a match.