Chapter 17

Lydia’s POV

After agreeing on going on a ‘date’ with Harry, the band retired and the DJ put on music that was actually from our time.

I didn’t see much of those electric green eyes after everyone started to ‘bust a move’ on the floor. 

My grandmother retired to slumber also as she didn’t want to stay around for everyone unreleased party behavior.

So I guess everyone was free to do what they wanted to do, to let loose. 

Me, Liam, and Zayn sat at the bar like the three musketeers. 

“I saw you and Harry earlier” Zayn spoke up calmly, my heart raced just to a nervous rhythm wondering what he thought about it…if he was jealous or… 

“I am happy for you, honestly” He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple with sincerity. I actually believe him this time as I can see it in his eyes that he was happy…but he wasn’t happy that he is now by himself once again

 Liam nodded in agreement but in silence and took a sip of his coke mixed with Vodka. Zayn held a glass of whiskey in his lonely hand also.

Me, I settled with what Liam is having. I didn’t care that I am not suppose to have alcohol, it’s a festive time, I should be allowed to get wasted once if I want to.

Right on my 3rd glass of the drink I was feeling the warmth of energy in the pit of my stomach and I felt a rush of adrenaline take over me. 

I spotted the familiar blonde ponytail a few feet away from me and I geniuenly smiled just knowing my plan was starting to come together in its pieces.

"Perrie" I called to her and she turned around to face me, her eyes hold such hidden loneliness but covering them were her dazzling grey-blue eyes that smiled towards me brightly. 

"Thank you for inviting me. It was lovely" She chirped while holding her glass of sparkling champagne. 

"Perrie?" a deep bradford accent came behind me making me yelp in suprise to see the shocked brown eyes stare at his long time ex. 

"I invited her" I confessed to him before he could pick up his jaw off of the floor. For a second he glared at me harshly probably angered by my ambush, but I returned a scowl and nodded my head back to Perrie's attention.

"It's been so long don't you two think? Maybe you should catch up?" The words rushed out of my mouth as I pushed them both together closely, Perrie's cheeks flushed as did Zayn's when their lips almost touched. He cleared his throat and swung his arm signaling her to walk first infront of him, she giggled a little under her breath and smiled politely at him. 

I don't know why but I always felt that they were more ment for each other than with anyone else in the world. She could give him what he wanted and needed, I couldn't and for that I will always look up to her for that. I felt as if I ruined their relationship in the first place, but Zayn didn't even try. He was too busy trying to think of ways for me to fall for him but instead he should of gave Perrie a chance to let her make him the most happiest he could be.

So now, she has that chance and I am very positive that she will not me or Zayn down.

"You look lovely Pez" He complimented eyeing her dress with a kind smile still continuing to walk over to the garden area with the charming blonde.

Now that I fix that.

My attention turned to Liam who looked alone as his friend was swifted off his feet. His brown eyes dropped with a broad clue of loneliness and a hint of sadness.