Chapter 23

I pulled away my lips from his, both sadden by the departure but filled with each other’s company reminded us of our warming presences

“Harry?”

“Yes?” his voice fills my ears.

“If it were possible…How many kids would you have wanted with me?” I didn’t mean anything negative towards the question at all, I just simply wanted to know sense I am trying to get through this and I want to but I should at least try to let it sink it that I may never have children..

“As many as we could handle without going mental” He joked chuckling, I could feel his chuckles as his head still laid on my legs. I caught myself chuckling a bit too thinking about Harry being a father to wild children running around in diapers and plastic bottles.

“I’ve always wanted 5.” I state proudly smiling into the thought of the subject of 5 little children running around in Harry’s estate, playing outdoor games, teasing each other, and just overall seeing their sweet happy smiles enjoy the life we would provide them.

“I say 5 as well” He agrees with a hint of humor, maybe thinking of how we were going to produce 5 children made me swallow harshly as my throat burned with more of the need to soothe.

“I would want a boy” The thought of a baby boy excited me, he would have dark brown messy hair in a combination of me and Harry’s, green dazzling eyes like his father, olive light skin color ,and two dimples on each side of his radiant smile like his father.

“Boys are trouble. Too messy.” He states against the idea and I laugh at how his face shows disapproval with his nose scrunched up thinking of messy boys making havoc all over his nice furniture.

“So you want a girl?” Asking with a light cooing to my tone teasing him a bit, He smiled brightly to the idea of a little baby girl.

“Yup” He popped out the ‘p’ making me even smile wider to his goofy humor to this adorable subject.

“Why do you want a girl? You want a ‘Daddy’s girl’ don’t you?” His cheeks tinted with pink his smile curling in an embarrassed grin at the thought of a little girl with bouncy brown curls clinging onto her father and begging him for a new doll with her innocent soft glossy brown or green eyes.

“Maybe. But at least I’ll have someone who will actually let me spoil them” His voice sounded scolding referring to my stubborn behavior and beliefs.

“Well what would her name be then?” My fingers started to twirl dark brown curls on his head as he thought of names for a baby girl.

“I like Darcy or maybe Penelope.” I absolutely loved the way he said both names, he sounded like a piece of a puzzle. It just fit together no doubt at all.

“I love those names.” Admitting to them with adoration clear in my voice thinking of the two names being called after each other.

“What would you call your son? I say Jude.” I laugh at the name reminding me of the song and just Harry’s playfulness. I remembered being asked the same question before and I knew what name I wanted to name my future son, I wanted to name him after a hero. A person who saved me from something that could of destroyed me completely without a chance to get stronger or back on my feet from it.

“Nicholas. Nic, for short” Harry tensed knowing where the name comes from and his eyes pierced into mines with a tad of jealous behind them.

“Why would we name our son ‘Nick’. Hate it, it sounds like a twats name-“

“Harry!” I scold pushing his head off my lap no upset with his cruel behavior.

He sat up beside me cautiously watching me as I stare angrily at him for his comment.

“I’m sorry.” His body relaxed and his voice softened but I could tell his tone wasn’t believeable enough.

“No you’re not and you haven’t even met Nick. You probably never will..” My words trailed off wondering where exactly he went. Last time I heard he was going to Pen state, engaged to Catelyn a girl he met a year after our break up and I was happy for him. She was basically what he and his family wanted, a premature politician squeaky clean wife who would maybe stand by his side to run for Senator of a state or maybe even a Mayor...

“If it wasn’t for him I would have been raped” I sternly remind. Just thinking about it makes me cringe in disgust and every nerve in me just weakens of the thought of that blurred night..

“Well you didn’t and Michael beat the living hell out of the bastard anyways..” He grumbled knowing the story from Emilio’s and Michael’s prospective.

“The name still stays on the list. Next to Nathaniel and Matthew.” Proudly defending with a strong smile and brave tone.

“There is no way in hell we will ever have 3 sons. No. I say one and the rest can be girls” Harry pouts but I laugh knowing that he wouldn’t really care, he would love them all unconditionally not even caring if boy or girl.

He laughed noticing me catching onto his humor and hugged me into his arms, me laying against his chest with my head resting against his shoulder. My forehead lightly touching his neck and my nose slightly brushing his sensitive skin.

It was all silent no laughs or no voices. Just the sound of the talkative crickets, buzzing insects, rustling leaves from trees, and the oceans waves hitting the send back and forth.

“What if we can’t have any?” My voice sounded so broken and weak, the words sounded shattered, my eyes watered with tears thinking of no Nicholas or Darcy waking up in the middle of the night asking to sleep with us to feel safe and warm in our arms..

“We will” His voice sounds so calm and soothing but I want to know why he seems so confident of a possibly impossible prediction.

“How do you know?” faintly asking breathing deeply to prevent the tears to fall.

“I just do and you will an amazing mother to our children one day” Whispering with such love in him he turns to plant a kiss on my forehead with his satin lips making me smile from his warming touch.

The moment felt right. It felt like perfect. But everything perfect can’t always last long sadly.

But maybe this does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~