Chapter 14

Lydia’s POV

My make up was simple, just waterproof everything, from cover up to mascara.

My dress is virgin white, like always. Even though I’m not such a pure light at all after knowing what I know, but if my grandparents are happy to still believe I am I guess I can put up the virgin act longer.

 The dress was styled formally with the roses detailing and lace of my dress. It was knee length and strapless, I had to get this dress fitted 4 times because of my constant weight loss over the weeks…..but now it felt a little smaller. Although I can breathe and walk and I’m comfortable, I’m fine just as long as I make it through this day.

My hair cascaded down to the left side of me with it pined half up and curly waves falling to the middle of my torso as my tan skin glowed in this dress and made me feel even happier about this day.

Victoria wore the same dress and she had her hair up as small hair also fell in front to frame her beautiful face.

Mother and Arlene were dressed in the same colors as us but in different sophisticated dresses for their age, but still didn’t look a day over 26.

My grandmother although was wearing a white long A line dress that went to the floor and a long sleeved blazer that covered her top. 

Arthur and Jonathan are going to walk her down the aisle in front of the 100 guest attending.

I was going to be walked down with Declan, Emilio is with Victoria, my father with my mother, and Arlene with Michael.

It was 3:50 already and once I stepped foot outside people already had their eyes on me, some were amazed by my presence some scoffed in jealously, but that’s how it is here. Admire or be jealous. I noticed as the elder woman that have watched me grow up closely admired me with sweet smiles, the men that watched me from my high school years desiring a American beauty fantasy with me stared at my body with round eyes. Some of my old high school classmates were here and they narrowed their fake plastic eyes upon me as they noticed my presence creating an aurora around me.

Declan’s back was to me when I saw him, he was dressed in the black suit well fitted and clean, he talked to his parents as they smiled and listened to a proud son ramble on and on. His mother noticed me and words so light came from her mouth she nodded towards my direction, that moment Declan turned around his eyes sparkled with adoration. He excused himself and quickly came my way, pulling me into a tight embrace.

“You look absolutely lovely” Declan whispered into my ear and kissed my cheek, I blushed as his compliment made me feel better about this situation, I looked up to his eyes sparkled with excitement. 

“You look handsome yourself” I took the black tie in my hands as I tightened it up a little since it looked loose and horribly done.

“Thank you” He leaned forward and planted a kiss on my forehead, I don’t know why but every kiss and every touch was kind of engulfing me in both guilt and happiness, but ignored all negativity today as it was all about my grandparents vows of love. But it felt wrong leading him on like this,  I just didn’t want to say anything because it would hurt his feelings and he is my brother’s best friend.. 

“Take your places now you two love birds!” The wedding planner rushed us as we stopped around the corner of the satin crème carpet, preparing for us to walk down the aisle to stand in our places.

“Love birds eh?” Declan raised an eyebrow in humor and laughed as did I lightly, once our laughter died down we both stared into each other’s eyes and he started to lean down to connect our lips. Please don’t. I am frozen, why don’t I just stop him? Someone is going to see us.