Ch.40 Guilt

That evening at the 'Wonder diner', Rachel being the only costumer left sat at a table and took a sip of her raspberry tea as she thought about what happened between her and Terrence on Saturday night, she felt so embarrassed, what if he never talks to her again? But she then remembered the vision she had of the black figure of a guy staring at her, who was he? But he thinking came to a stop when she spotted Elena standing next to her with a depressed look on her face.

"Can I help you?" Rachel asked.

"Oh hey Elena" Lauren cut in "Congrats on being a nominee for Homecoming Queen".

"Thanks Lauren" Elena smiled "Hey can you, leave so I can talk to Rachel alone?"

"Oh sure" Lauren said as she went into the kitchen.

Elena reached into her purse and pulled out Rachel's notebook.

"You dropped this when you ran off after you kissed Terrence" she handed it to her.

"Oh" Rachel said with a embarrassed look as she took it "Elena look-".

"You don't have to explain" Elena cut in "Terrence told me everything, and he knows about your secret crush on him".

Rachel gave a sad sigh.

"I just can't believe you Rachel, this isn't like you, you always tell people to follow their hearts and to have the courage to tell their crushes how they feel, but you didn't have the courage to tell Terrence how you felt?"

"You know what?" Rachel said annoyed "Every since you've moved here and Terrence started liking you, I've been very depressed. Terrence was the first guy I've ever liked and I've known him more than you. Why does he like you anyway? What does he see in you? Why does he like you more than me?"

"Rachel!" Elena gasped.

"Is it because you're prettier than me? Is it because you have more talent than me? What is it? Why does he like you?"

"I don't know?!" Elena said with a shocked look after what Rachel had said.

"Well whatever it is, I hope he'll be happy with you, now that he's got you, he wont be hanging out with me any more cause he'll be too attached to you. Now I kinda wished you would've never moved here" Rachel said with a mad look "Cause you've ruined my life".

Elena felt her eyes water and her heart breaking as she gave a sad sigh.

"Actually" Elena said with a sad look "You don't have to worry about that anymore".

"What?"

"Terrence and I are gonna stop seeing each other now".

Rachel's eyes widen.

"We just think it's for the best, and that it wont ruin your friendship. I never wanted to ruin your friendship, but now that I see how much you like him, I'll stay away from him. Cause I think friendship is more important than love" Elena felt a tear flow down her cheek "I hope you're happy Rachel".

And with that she left the diner. Rachel stood there feeling mixed emotions, on one side she feels glad that Elena and Terrence are not gonna see each other anymore, but on the other side, she felt an emotional pain; guilt. She saw how hurt Elena was, she never wanted to hurt Elena's feelings, and she too felt tears flow down her cheeks. She didn't know what to do, she didn't want to ruin her friendship with Terrence, and he now he may not talk to her anymore, especially since she was the cause of their 'breakup'. She had to do something, and soon she got an idea.

__________

Later that night, Ilene along with Amanda drove onto the school grounds and got out.

"Are you sure you left your phone here?" Amanda asked.

"I'm positive" Ilene said "I'll be quick".

She then got out of her car and started to search the front yard for her phone. Hopefully she would be caught since she wasn't suppose to be on school grounds at night. But just to her luck, a flashlight was shown upon her.

"What are you doing here miss?" the man asked.

Ilene saw that it was the janitor.

"Oh" she said "Sorry, I was just looking for my phone".

"Why don't you look in the Lost and Found?"

"Uh, isn't the school closed at this time?"

"Not if you have the key" he held up the keys to the school "I'll let you check and I wont tell Mr. Gram".

"Oh thank you" Ilene smiled as the janitor unlocked the school doors and they went.

He then lead her to the office and let her in.

"Hurry up though" he told her.

"I will" she said as she went to the Lost and Found box and started yo search through the box.

She brushed passed jacket's and hats, and soon she found her phone. But she then spotted something under a jacket, curious, she moved the jacket out of the way and saw that the item was a lavender colored diary with a gold swan on it and the name 'Reyna' written above with a silver metallic marker.

"Reyna's diary huh?" she asked herself with a sneaky smile as she pulled out the diary and started to read it.

Reyna's diary was full of juicy secrets and gossips that Ilene could tell didn't want to be heard. And this gave her and idea. She out on a sneaky smile as she brought her phone and Reyna's diary with her as she thanked the janitor and went out the school and towards her car and got in.

"You find it?" Amanda asked.

"Yep" Ilene said "Along with a little treat".

She showed her the diary.

"Is that Reyna's diary?" Amanda gasped.

"Yeah" Ilene said with a smile "And there is a lot of juicy secrets and gossip in here, check it out".

She opened the diary and showed Amanda a page.

"It says here that last week, she fell off the stage while she was practicing her ballet".

"Wow" Amanda laughed.

"And now that I have this, I've got an idea for my revenge" Ilene said with a sneaky look as she pulled out from the school grounds and drove away.